C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

2000 C280 AC control unit issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 C280 AC control unit issue

2 headed issue. 1st my fans speeds on my climate control system speed up and slow down too sporadically. More like it runs very slow on auto (with a slight whistle) until I push the fan button for manual up to high speed. Then it does go on high just fine.

Along with the fans...Over the past year+ my AC has been getting weaker and weaker. I speculated that hot air must be getting into the system as when the car starts on a hot day or after it has had a chance to warm up and i restart it, the AC will blow hot air at first through the AC until the compressor get AC going. But even then you can sense heat getting into the mix. So finally at the end of the heat last year it quit being cold all together. To the opint that if you run the AC at any temp setting you can feel a low amount of hot air coming from the vents?

I am about to get the freon recharged since the temps are getting to the 80-90 temps again and I suspect it to be my climate control module but is there something else I can check in the dash such as wether the vents by the heater core are cracked or not closing allowing hot air into the mix?

I just dont want to get it charged and then have a hot air mix on 100 degree days here in texas all summer.