C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

AC ISSUES. HELP PLEASE!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 12:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AC ISSUES. HELP PLEASE!!

Hi all,

Here is my deal. I recently noticed that my AC wasn't blowing cold air so I took my car to an automechanic. He tried to fill it up with R134a refrigerant. After he filled it up he said AC was not working still so he changed the AC switch. After he did that he reset the AC and I took the car back. The issue that I have now is that sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't which is driving me insane!!!!!

Has anyone had a problem like this? Heard of a problem like this? What do I need to do next?!?

Thank you all who read this and responded.

PS....I own a 1998 Mercedes C230 (non-compressor).
Old 05-19-2008, 02:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1999 C280 Sport
Originally Posted by 98C230
Hi all,

Here is my deal. I recently noticed that my AC wasn't blowing cold air so I took my car to an automechanic. He tried to fill it up with R134a refrigerant. After he filled it up he said AC was not working still so he changed the AC switch. After he did that he reset the AC and I took the car back. The issue that I have now is that sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't which is driving me insane!!!!!

Has anyone had a problem like this? Heard of a problem like this? What do I need to do next?!?

Thank you all who read this and responded.

PS....I own a 1998 Mercedes C230 (non-compressor).

I had a simular problem with my 99C280Sport and it was an evaporator temperature sensor that was bad. It's located in the evaporator case and is accessable from the drivers side under the dash. Check the prior post on this subject. My guess that would be the 1st place to look. I had my car recharged and it still did the same(NO A/C) but as soon as I put in a new sensor the problem was solved. These are common failure items in this car....along with the brake light switch. Hope this helps.