C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Will this fit on w202

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 C220
Will this fit on w202

Hi guys! need your help, I saw this muffler on ebay. i like the design but i don't know if it will my car. I have a stock 94 US version w202 c220, nothing was change in the exhaust system. I'm just wondering if this will fit directly. If not, can someone give me a site where i can buy one or any info on the measurement of a w202 muffler. Thanks in advance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DUAL-...mZ280249418336
Old 07-26-2008, 12:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K
That is crap that will disappoint you and could actually rob your car of horsepower due to cheap design. Save your money and buy something better. If you can't afford a Supersprint, Eisenmann (sp?), etc., go for one of the Magnaflows for your car.

Here are some good threads:

http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...ht=new+muffler

Old 07-27-2008, 07:58 AM

1994 C220
Originally Posted by xvvvz
That is crap that will disappoint you and could actually rob your car of horsepower due to cheap design. Save your money and buy something better. If you can't afford a Supersprint, Eisenmann (sp?), etc., go for one of the Magnaflows for your car.

Here are some good threads:

appreciate your reply and opinion about the muffler. I know those brands that you mentioned were expensive. So probably i'll go with magnaflows. I hope you have patience with me. Can you gve me some advise on how I can change my muffler. I really am a newbie when it comes this kind of stuff. Do i buy the whole thing as a set? or do I have to customized all my piping underneath my car and change the catalytic stuff there too? Need help. Thanks!

Last edited by rfoo; 07-27-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:55 AM

C230K
You can just replace the muffler if you want or you can change lots more (all the way up to changing everything from the header at the engine back to the muffler). Usually, the more you change, the more HP gained. The total gains are limited though and lots of people are changing things just to get a more aggressive sound.

I good resource is to search youtube. Maybe use the terms w202 or C Class and exhaust or muffler. Lots of people put up videos with sound of their new muffler installations. That will help you get a feel for the sound. Keep in mind that some people have changed more than their muffler (air intake, cat converter, resonator, etc.), so you may be hearing more than just a muffler change.

Also remember that the same muffler will sound different on a 6 cylinder w202 vs. a 4 cylinder w202 vs. a 4 cylinder supercharged w202.

Last edited by xvvvz; 07-27-2008 at 09:57 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:55 AM

1994 C220
Originally Posted by xvvvz
You can just replace the muffler if you want or you can change lots more (all the way up to changing everything from the header at the engine back to the muffler). Usually, the more you change, the more HP gained. The total gains are limited though and lots of people are changing things just to get a more aggressive sound.

I good resource is to search youtube. Maybe use the terms w202 or C Class and exhaust or muffler. Lots of people put up videos with sound of their new muffler installations. That will help you get a feel for the sound. Keep in mind that some people have changed more than their muffler (air intake, cat converter, resonator, etc.), so you may be hearing more than just a muffler change.

Also remember that the same muffler will sound different on a 6 cylinder w202 vs. a 4 cylinder w202 vs. a 4 cylinder supercharged w202.
Thanks for the tip. Actually I already saw those videos and youtube and they sound great. So I decided to get a straight up magnaflow setup. I saw a seller on ebay selling a magnaflow 14833 muffler and a catalytic converter and the price is quite reasonable. But do you know anyone else whom I can get the parts cheaper? And also i'm a little confuse about the resonator. Is that something I really need when I change the muffler? or is that something that makes it quiet? What does that thing actually do? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks again.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:30 PM

e55
ebay prices are lowest plus you can bargain with "Best offer" option on magnaflow parts with PerformancePeddler or some other sellers. 14833 is great as well as 14815 and 14816 depending on the look you are going for. If you want a proper full high flow system go with a full 2.5" single pipe system with the 22" long magnaflow resonator (4" diameter 2.5" core) and some high flow cats, that will give you great sound and performance but at the same time drastically reduce drone and improve the sound.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:43 AM

1994 C220
Originally Posted by E55 PWR
ebay prices are lowest plus you can bargain with "Best offer" option on magnaflow parts with PerformancePeddler or some other sellers. 14833 is great as well as 14815 and 14816 depending on the look you are going for. If you want a proper full high flow system go with a full 2.5" single pipe system with the 22" long magnaflow resonator (4" diameter 2.5" core) and some high flow cats, that will give you great sound and performance but at the same time drastically reduce drone and improve the sound.
Thanks for the advice man. Do you know where I can get the 22" magnaflow resonator? I tried Ebay but I don't see one. By the way, what's the high flow cats? is that a part or something? Thanks.