C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

W202 C220 Pricing Questions???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N/A
W202 C220 Pricing Questions???

Hey,

I've been a longtime browswer on the MBWorld forums, and I have a couple questions for you guys. I've always had a couple cars here and there in my collection and one of them happens to be a W202 C220, yes, a lot would say it's not a 'collectors' car but to me, I loved the body style.

So I have a W202 1996 C220 in color code: #473 Champagne Gold, with the M-Tex interior. I was the original buyer back in 1996, and up until today the car has around 7,000 miles, I bought the car, drove it for a year and stored it into my warehouse, I recently decided it's time to sell her, and she started right up, etc, she's still even on the original Michelin tires, since I left all the original papers in the car, I even have the original Penske Benz Pamphlet they gave me with the car, all the keys, etc.

So my question to you guys is, how much should a car with miles like this go for? Sure I know there is KBB and Edmunds, but I just don't think that they reflect the true price of the car because of the condition and miles. To the enthusiasts how much would you pay for a car like this?

I'll have pictures up soon, as the car is in the warehouse don't know when I'll be going back there, but when I do I'll snap some pictures. Some things off the top of my head about this car is that:

-7,xxx miles
-Clean title, NO ACCIDENTS/PAINTWORK
-Original Owner, have all original papers
-Everything original down to tires
-Well optioned/dealer added on chrome oem wheels/gold emblem package (popular stuff back in 1996 )
-Still has the new car smell, literally
-Car has been garaged stored in Los Angeles since new, never seen/touched snow, salted roads, etc.
*Might even be able to find the original dealer plates somewhere

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2009, 11:34 AM

W202 2000 C280
Cars tend to sell cheaper if you post them in the Classified section on this forum. Try other avenues if selling. As far as price goes in this economy, my estimation would be in the $6,000 - $8,500 range given the cars condition. Have you research what similar cars are going for? I can almost guarantee that there will not be another car like your with the low mileage and with all the original parts. Hope this helps. Let us know what happens
Old 04-16-2009, 01:03 PM

N/A
Originally Posted by Nitrous911
Cars tend to sell cheaper if you post them in the Classified section on this forum. Try other avenues if selling. As far as price goes in this economy, my estimation would be in the $6,000 - $8,500 range given the cars condition. Have you research what similar cars are going for? I can almost guarantee that there will not be another car like your with the low mileage and with all the original parts. Hope this helps. Let us know what happens
I was thinking about listing it at 9k-10k and see what kind of offers I get, there are 98-99 with 21k miles selling for around 14k. Just want to get this car moved out so my new toy can come in, let's just say it's an Italian