C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

W202 Rear Light Cluster:- Question for the American Members out there!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W202 C-180 Elegance Auto

I have attached 2 piccys-
1. The INSIDE of my rear light cluster
2. The OUTSIDE of my rear light cluster
(I know- a wee bit obvious isn’t it)
The ‘area’ of interest is highlighted by the yellow box- basically- I am guestimating that on American-Spec W202 this is the area where the ‘running’ lights are located?
I want to ‘add’ the running lights- I have American Spec running lights fitted into the bumpers (fenders for the colonials!) of my E30 325i ‘individual’ convertible- and want the C-Class to match!
Can someone have a small look at their car and tell me-
a. Am I right, are the lights there?
b. Is it possible to fit just these lights?
I had to cut & adapt the Range-Rover rear light clusters, and am willing to do the same- just wondered… if this was the right area, or if it was something as silly as just a cut out piece of metal, or a different moulded piece?
Basically- what’s here on the American Spec W202s?
Thank you people!
Old 05-09-2009, 05:30 PM

W202 C-180 Elegance Auto
ARGH!
oops- I forgot the pictures- soooo tired today!

Right- here-s the pictures-

thanks!
Attached Thumbnails W202 Rear Light Cluster:- Question for the American Members out there!-xx-inside-rear-light-ab.jpg   W202 Rear Light Cluster:- Question for the American Members out there!-xx-outside-rear-light-ab.jpg  
Old 05-10-2009, 09:26 AM

W202 C-180 Elegance Auto
Oh- this is a UK Spec Car- the area highlighted on exterior is where I can see under the- ah- outer lens of the light that the red back- um- wall is either recessed or simply a different colour- this is what makes me think that Mercedes probably used the same bits for different markets, with the 'running' or 'marker' lights for the USA 'blanked out- as did Land-Rover with the Range Rover. I'm hoping to find a complete unit that slots in... (don't you just lurve my tech-speak! ;-P LoL!)