C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

New C230K owner - powerseat/headrest issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 Kompressor
Question New C230K owner - powerseat/headrest issue

Hello,

Just picked up my 2nd car and it's a 1999 C230 Kompressor with 185,000 KM's on it - yes it is a quite a bit I know but I person I got it from had all the service records and all his maintenance receipts from MB dealerships and the car seems to be running flawlessly. It's a very smooth ride with the exception of minor vibrations between 100-110km/h but I'm assuming some minor wheel balancing will correct this.

Now I have 2 questions,

1) The power seat adjustment seems to fail sometimes, around 1 out of every 8-10 start ups.. and it starts working when I begin driving also the rear power headrest adjustment does not work at all. I am assuming it's a relay issue and would like to find out exactly where/what and how much
I ran into this and I am not sure if its the right part;
http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pro...ber=0015420219

2) Since I've only had this car for about a week with zero issues, I've read quite a bit on it but overall would like to know some experiences from drivers that own this car with 180+ k's. I heard some horror stories about certain things dying around 80k but since I got it at 180k and it seems everything is in working order and I'm assuming the previous owner had all the right maintenance done. One thing that worries me is the timing belt/chain I'm not sure which one this model uses and have nothing on paper if it was replaced or not.

Thanks in advance,

A little about me,

Hello, young driver here just turned 24 and got my 2nd car this C230K for about $7,500 CAD after registration fee's and everything. My previous car was a 94' Volvo 850 GLT that is at 300KM's right now and still driving like a champ, I still own it and will keep it for the harsh Canadian winter weather

Nice to meet you all and I am really enjoying this forums!

-CrazyK
Old 06-25-2009, 06:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K
>>One thing that worries me is the timing belt/chain I'm not sure which one this model uses and have nothing on paper if it was replaced or not.<<

It has a timing chain. These are often problem-free for a couple of hundred thousand miles from what you read. The chain can stretch or the chain tensioner can go bad.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 Kompressor
Thanks for the reply! and the info, I am glad its a chain and not a belt - I guess I will inspect the engine a little further when I get the chance and make sure the chain is in good condition - any tips for doing this?

:]