C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Need a little advise.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 C280
Need a little advise.

Hello everyone.Rik here.
Need a little help in finding a good place to buy parts. I just got these wheels (18-8 front 18-9 rear) Now it looks like it needs to be dropped just a bit, but I don't want to slam it on the ground. What kit should I get? How far down should I go? Also I am in need of new brakes. And was wondering if I should get bigger brakes. Has anyone had any experience with a big brake kit? Theirs a ton more I want to do to this car, but these are the things I want to start with. Normally I would know where to get parts. But with this being my first MB I have no idea where to buy "good" parts.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Need a little advise.-mb.jpeg  

Last edited by rikkerblade; 08-17-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:34 AM

300E 3.2
Probably look through the gallery as see how low you want to be, and how much you want to spend. Most people go hr lowering/bilstein sports with varying spring pads to fine tune the drop, but of course there are many other options.

Rear brakes aren't really worth upgrading. Fronts could be upgraded but quite a bit of cost involved there, tirerack & performanceproducts can give you a ballpark idea on the pricing for regular aftermarket kits. there are also other mb's that you can swap brake systems with.

Tirerack, performanceproducts, bekkers, are good places to start for aftermarket parts, autohaus, buymbparts, fastlane are all good for factory parts.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:44 PM

2000 C280
Originally Posted by PhilfromPA
Probably look through the gallery as see how low you want to be, and how much you want to spend. Most people go hr lowering/bilstein sports with varying spring pads to fine tune the drop, but of course there are many other options.

Rear brakes aren't really worth upgrading. Fronts could be upgraded but quite a bit of cost involved there, tirerack & performanceproducts can give you a ballpark idea on the pricing for regular aftermarket kits. there are also other mb's that you can swap brake systems with.

Tirerack, performanceproducts, bekkers, are good places to start for aftermarket parts, autohaus, buymbparts, fastlane are all good for factory parts.
Great! Thanks for the info. I found everything I was looking for.