C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

1998 Mercedes C280 ! Questions !! Im A Noob!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 02:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 Mercedes C280
1998 Mercedes C280 ! Questions !! Im A Noob!!!!!

whats up guys i have a 1998 mercedes c280.. i have a few issues with.. i was looking at some threads here and my mileage , temp , and clock come and go as they please.. I no its prob the bulbs... the thing is my car doesnt have telospotic streering to move the steering wheel down! and yes i no i need to remove it.. but does anyone have a step by step on how to do it.. im a noob to these cars and i think i found it on here b4....please help me out. the car has low miles and im trying to get rid of it for something bigger.. but the mileage thing isnt really helping me out. another thing my seats sometimes work sometimes dont... is that a bad ground?! and if so would i need to take my seat out to find it.. i looked under there and theres tons of wires it looks like a headache if its messed with!... also.. i fit 20's on my car this past summer and i used my stock lug nuts.. just to c how they looked.. and it bent the dust cover for the breaks in the back driver side.. and it sounds like a scrapping noise most of the time... some days it goes away. but im having a real problem getting the breaks and capilar off in the back.. any diagrams for that... and one last thing... the car burns a little oil.. but after i bought it i realized alot of grime and weird looking crap kinda like gunk under the oil cap.. is that bad news or what would that be.. please let me know if you guys could help me out that would be great!!!!!!!! : smash:
Old 01-22-2010, 08:29 AM

1998 Mercedes C280
18 views and no comments... please help me out guys.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:05 PM

1995 S420 Black/Gray
check out these Mercedes how to videos. they are amazing and one of them shows removing the wheel and instrument cluster.

http://www.youtube.com/user/lucabertone80#p/a
Old 01-23-2010, 12:27 AM

1998 Mercedes C280
wow that video was deff what i was looking for... i didnt even think to check youtube... thanx alot... did anyone ever have problems with the breaks in the rear? and the seats? thats my other problem...im a bigger kid and my girl goes to drive my car and the seats all the way back and shes short... haha so she cant drive cause shes too far back.. i might need to carry a booster seat in the back for her... but... QUESTION ... is there any specific ground wire i look for.. cause it looks all dusty and tons of wires under there.. and would i need to take the seat out ? please help me out someone anyone.. thanx guys