C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Here are the pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 02:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Angry Here are the pics (Foglight Help)

Whoops, I meant this to be a reply to another one of my old posts. Sorry.

But here's the deal...

I have a 1997 C280 Sport, and then the right fog light went out. So I bought bulbs from the dealer and tried to do it myself. I couldn't get the old fog light out, and then I took it to one shop. The Idiot at the shop pulled out the wire but was still unsuccessful in removing the bulb from the "connector". So I took it to another shop, and they removed the entire headlamp assembly, and they could not remove the bulb from the connector. They said that the fog light bulb melted into the connector, and that I need to get new connectors. I checked and they checked w/Benz to see if they sold the connectors, but unfortunately they don't. Does anyone know where I can get the connectors, or if I can put on aftermarket C36 type fog lights instead? Thanks.

Here is the pic of the connector, I don't know if you can see it, but the base of the bulb is burnt in. I need that brownish looking connector/socket. If anyone can help, that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry again for cluttering the board.

Last edited by nlpamg; 04-07-2003 at 02:45 AM.