C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Hi

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 C230K
Hi

Didn't see a place to post an introduction so I thought I would go ahead and post in the forum for my car.

I own a 2000 c230k with 140k miles. I recently bought it for $5800 (haggled $1900 off asking price). And decided to find a good MB owners community. My local scene is dominated by muscle cars, rice rockets and a hand full exotics so there isn't much support there.

I'm looking to find information on maintenance, some tuning and to make friends and talk about our mercs.

Some initial thoughts on the car, it's one of the best all round cars I have driven. every bit as smooth and refined as the beige lexus that clog the streets, but much more involving and interesting. the S/C starts to sing at 4k and higher it sounds like a spaceship, awesome! It has the power on tap whenever I may need it, I can also lay back and gobble miles like a caddy. It has some quirks, but my weekend car is a fiat so I am not afraid of that.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:18 AM

2000 C230 Kompressor Sport
Originally Posted by zmatt
Didn't see a place to post an introduction so I thought I would go ahead and post in the forum for my car.

I own a 2000 c230k with 140k miles. I recently bought it for $5800 (haggled $1900 off asking price). And decided to find a good MB owners community. My local scene is dominated by muscle cars, rice rockets and a hand full exotics so there isn't much support there.

I'm looking to find information on maintenance, some tuning and to make friends and talk about our mercs.

Some initial thoughts on the car, it's one of the best all round cars I have driven. every bit as smooth and refined as the beige lexus that clog the streets, but much more involving and interesting. the S/C starts to sing at 4k and higher it sounds like a spaceship, awesome! It has the power on tap whenever I may need it, I can also lay back and gobble miles like a caddy. It has some quirks, but my weekend car is a fiat so I am not afraid of that.
Hello zmatt! Welcome to the forum. I am a newbie myself. I just joined this forum last month. I also drive a 2000 C230 Kompressor with 120k miles. I've made a few friends here and everybody is so supportive. I got to admit I am getting addicted to this forum. So if you want to talk about Mercs, this is definitely the place.

Btw, where are you from, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 07-05-2010, 02:00 PM

2000 C230K
Thanks for the reply, I'm from Kentucky.