C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Soundsystem getting annoying

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 C230K
Soundsystem getting annoying

So I have two things, the first is i would really like to use my mp3 player with the car, but naturally being form the 90's there is no aux in. However I have a cassette aux line adapter from my last car that worked brilliantly. The only problem is the trick tape deck in our cars beeps at you incessantly if you leave it open, and I can't close the door due to the aux line. Is there a way to disable the beeping?

My second issue is the CD changer has gotten a mind of it's own in the last week and will cut in and out intermittently for no seeming reason. I thought maybe it was a loose connection when I hit bumps but it isn't. Then again, if I cant get my mp3 player to work with the stereo the CDs become redundant.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:33 PM

2000 c230 Kompressor
I have a solution for you that has worked great for me for a few years now!

Carefully strip the outer insulation off of the wire coming from the tape adapter, and I mean carefully! The internal wires should be insulated, so the outer insulation isn't necessary in our case. Without the thick outer insulation, the wire will allow the door to close and you can route the wire around the buttons.
Now that you've done this, the wire is going to be weaker, which means that moving it around a lot isn't the best idea. So, what I did was cut off the 3.5mm plug and solder a jack onto the wire instead. By the way, you might need some very fine sandpaper to get the green and red insulation off of the wires since it's very hard to solder with the insulation on. Then I mounted this jack under the radio. Now when I want to use my mp3 player, I can plug it in through a patch cable.
Attached Thumbnails Soundsystem getting annoying-img_0197.jpg   Soundsystem getting annoying-img_0196.jpg  
Old 02-07-2011, 11:55 PM

w202
Originally Posted by zmatt
So I have two things, the first is i would really like to use my mp3 player with the car, but naturally being form the 90's there is no aux in. However I have a cassette aux line adapter from my last car that worked brilliantly. The only problem is the trick tape deck in our cars beeps at you incessantly if you leave it open, and I can't close the door due to the aux line. Is there a way to disable the beeping?

My second issue is the CD changer has gotten a mind of it's own in the last week and will cut in and out intermittently for no seeming reason. I thought maybe it was a loose connection when I hit bumps but it isn't. Then again, if I cant get my mp3 player to work with the stereo the CDs become redundant.

Story of my life man I've been going through the same exact things, and my CD changer gets stuck once in a while too.. But that wiring idea is pretty good thanks for that