C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

C250 Sport - Starting Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 C250 Td Sport
C250 Sport - Starting Problems

Hi guys,

New to the forum here so would like to say hello!
I have recently bought a 1998 C250 Sport, which I absolutely love It drives great, no rattles, perfect!
It has, however, developed a bit of a problem. The other day I went down to drive to work, and it wouldn't start. Flattened the battery trying to get it going!
Pushed her round to my local Indie, who replaced the fuel filter, and fuel filter housing, then bled the system, and it started first time.
Next morning, same problem. Just would not start. Took it back to the mechanic who had another look, but couldn't see any problem. Bled the system , started her up, and she was fine was the rest of the day.
Next morning.... Wont start!
I had a look under the hood and noticed there seems to be air in two of the fuel lines. I have attached a photo, you can just see the bubbles in the two pipes to the right of the Black pipe labelled 'K01'.

I spoke to Mercedes, who advised I replace the clear lines and the O-Rings. So, I now have 6 fuel lines and a seal for the shut-off valve.

What do you think? I'm new to Mercs so am a bit clueless. Should this solve the problem? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails C250 Sport - Starting Problems-005.jpg