C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

C280 on the track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz C280
C280 on the track

so since I live in St. Pete, Fl and the Grand Prix of St. Petersburg is this upcoming weekend, I decided to go on the track and see how a 1999 c280 performs. most likely I'll be going in the middle of the night and will post up some videos and pics So follow this thread because by the end of the week there's gonna be videos and a lot of photos
Old 03-21-2011, 07:23 AM

C200 W202, C280 W202
Hi mate is your c280 auto or manual?
Iv got an auto C280 and would like to know how well it does on the track, unfortunately there's no tracks near me
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread!

Sy.

Last edited by bigsy; 03-21-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:04 PM

Mercedes Benz C280
it's automatic. there's no tracks except drag strips in st. pete either. if you google it, or see videos or watch the indy races, you'll see that they build a track every year using the city streets and the local downtown airport. it's so much fun, because it look like formula 1 in monte carlo
i'm going to take it after midnight tonight to the track when there's no one around, hopefully cops don't ruin my party. only one thing i'm really thinking of doing is turn off the traction control and unleash the power risking crashing since what so ever i have no track experience but just city driving.
check with me later on tonight when i'll probably have some more interesting news.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
That's fantastic! Be safe, of course, but get good video, too!!
Old 03-22-2011, 03:41 AM

Mercedes Benz C280
back from the track

so i just got back home 3:30 am ET lol. It was awesome. Had so much fun and best of all wasn't disturbed. A lot of people think that the c280 can't compare to the amg w202's but this is only on a straight line, went to a lot of turns and curves and 2 straight lines. My top speed was 126mph i probably could've pushed it more but right after the straight line there is a sharp right turn and didn't wanna risk it. Handling wise car stays on the wheels. I was running my 15's stock wheels so taking curves at 50mph wasn't a problem until i tried to go into a left curve/turn with 65 and the ESP proved it was working. I was afraid to turn it off since I had to go thru cones and move 2 road closed signs to get on the track and if I were to crash if I were to make it alive would be in big time trouble for trespassing, racing, so on and so forth. Video wise I have a short video of the beginning when i just entered the track but once I started actually driving with curves and turns and it was dark I wanted to focus on driving and keep my hands on the wheel. I'm really excited that I had the chance to try the grand prix track where this weekend Indy Car drivers will be showing off with their skills in controlling a 650hp formula lol. Anyways Hopefully by the end of this week or perhaps the beginning of next one I get a chance to go over again during daytime and snap some pro-shots of the track and the benz! Tomorrow check for the videos since I'm really sleepy and I have to upload them thru youtube!
Old 05-13-2011, 04:31 PM

95 c280
Originally Posted by ruzhkata
so i just got back home 3:30 am ET lol. It was awesome. Had so much fun and best of all wasn't disturbed. A lot of people think that the c280 can't compare to the amg w202's but this is only on a straight line, went to a lot of turns and curves and 2 straight lines. My top speed was 126mph i probably could've pushed it more but right after the straight line there is a sharp right turn and didn't wanna risk it. Handling wise car stays on the wheels. I was running my 15's stock wheels so taking curves at 50mph wasn't a problem until i tried to go into a left curve/turn with 65 and the ESP proved it was working. I was afraid to turn it off since I had to go thru cones and move 2 road closed signs to get on the track and if I were to crash if I were to make it alive would be in big time trouble for trespassing, racing, so on and so forth. Video wise I have a short video of the beginning when i just entered the track but once I started actually driving with curves and turns and it was dark I wanted to focus on driving and keep my hands on the wheel. I'm really excited that I had the chance to try the grand prix track where this weekend Indy Car drivers will be showing off with their skills in controlling a 650hp formula lol. Anyways Hopefully by the end of this week or perhaps the beginning of next one I get a chance to go over again during daytime and snap some pro-shots of the track and the benz! Tomorrow check for the videos since I'm really sleepy and I have to upload them thru youtube!
So what happened with the videos? I'd love to do that myself,way cool! they almost did it here(race track) in chicago in the late seventies but the cry babies made too much noise....c