C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Mini AIR hose vacum line that leads to no where

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1996 C-280 2003 BMW 330Ci Conv
Mini AIR hose vacum line that leads to no where

Hi all, As I was doing some cleaning up, I noticed a White mini AIR hose line that is NOT connected anywhere, I do not know where it starts and where it ends, it is just lying there. I took 3 pictures, see below. Can anyone help me please? I am holding the end of it, but I do not know where to insert it! Thanks in advance for any help.
Attached Thumbnails Mini AIR hose vacum line that leads to no where-white-air-line-leads-no-where.jpg   Mini AIR hose vacum line that leads to no where-white-air-line-mini-hose-leads-no-where.jpg   Mini AIR hose vacum line that leads to no where-vacuum-air-line-leads-no-where.jpg  
Old 04-15-2011, 08:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1996 C280
White hoe

As a new C280 owner, I can help you with the hose question. It is a vacuum line which connects under the plastic intake runner manifold. Due to the fact that ir runs near the oil filter housing, it often gets knocked loose during oil filter cartridge changes.

If you have small hands, you can find the connection from the top of the engine, but I found it easier to get under the car and snake my hand past the steering box to reconnect it.

Mine then came loose again a short time later, so I cut about a foot piece of 1/4" diameter silicone tubing and attached it to the engine vacuum port. I then cut off the original wite nylon hose end and part of the tubing so that I can see the connection near the oil filter housing. So far, this has proven to be an effective solution.

I have read through a lot of posts here and this is a great place to obtain information about these vehicles. Thanks to all those who have posted here!