C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

NEED advice on H&R cup kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 10:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NEED advice on H&R cup kit

Hello all,
I am pretty new to euro market. I have already lowered my 99 C280 sport with H&R sports and bilsteins. The drop is not really that low and ride comfort is too rough.

I am thinking about swapping in an H&R cup kit. I have friends with this kit on 3 series and the ride is pretty good. I figure this kit is designed and tuned to work together.

Does anyone have experience with this kit on their W202??
Any pics of the drop?? PLS HELP!!

Thanks
Old 06-06-2003, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1968 cadillac coupe deville calais hardtop
if u want ur ride lower...

mercedes uses the "spring pad system" and u can lower it further by going to the dealer and requesting thinner and thinner pads.

lets say the pads u have now are #4's just for argument's sake. well u can go to the shop and request/buy #3's and it will lower the car.

i do not know the stock pad number/height. i do know some people use bigger pads in the back and lower in front for that hotrod dtm look.

as far as comfort goes, i have heard on this site (here and other forums) that h&r's have a non-comfy ride. but, watch, there will be a ton of folks who will beg to disagree with this statement, so it must be a matter of opinion and relativity.

thanks and good luck bro,

sol-t

ps - i bought eibach springs and have bilstein sport shocks with 18x8 lorinser (heavy d93's) wheels. i will let u know my outcome... i guess when u lower and go bigger rim/smaller tire, u can never expect it to be too nice of a ride, but there are some who claim that their ride comfort was great after lowering with both of our setups. could be the tires too, i realized different tires make a difference on ride quality.

later.
Old 06-06-2003, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I drive what I drive
would 45 series tires fit with 18in rims? i dun like 40 series, i think it looks to skinny and makes the car look like it has no *****. plus id be afraid to bend another rim. with thicker tires, i think it would look sicc!