C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Crankcase ventilation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 c280
Question Crankcase ventilation

During spark plug change on my 98 C280 V6, noted oil seepage from top of the valve covers. There is a cover on top each valve cover for what appears to be part of the CCV system. The hose/tube on the driver side is for partial load; full load on the pass side. These hoses/tubes are common and I am gonna replace them when I pull the covers and re-seal. I have busted many of knuckle over time and understand systems, but I have not been able to find the " how " of my CCV system and what/why of the partial/full load. Any info or diagrams on how the system works would be great.

I've had my C280 for just over a year and its got 113K on the clock. With the information from this forum, I've done:

spark plug change
oil changes
cabin filter
air filter
front brake job
steering dampner
front shocks
transmission electrical connector
upper ball joints
timing cover seal
power seat relay resolder
driver door wood trim re-attachment

The most fun was the plugs...Pulling broke spark plug ends from very dry boots without destroying the boots. 1. Too cheap to buy the wrench required to remove the boots and made due with common hand tools, and, 2. Didn't have another set of wires laying about