C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

The dreaded window/mirror issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200 Classic Auto S-98
Smile The dreaded window/mirror issue

Hello all - im brand new to the forum - so apologies for any errors in my post

recently fixed the common brake light switch issue which sorted out the cruise control and the dash asr/bas light _ happy days

but today, the passenger electric window and mirrow have stopped working - copletely dead.
and to top it off - on the way to the garage this evening i realised that the outside temp display is not lit either

Loads of searching the web has brought up a range of different causes/fixes for the window and mirror problem - but i wondered if anyone had any views or fixes that the think is best - and is there a chance the 3 could be linked?

i havent tried anything yet, thought i would start here!!!

it all worked fine two days ago aswell! typical...

many thanks
Old 11-17-2012, 11:12 PM

2014 C259 Sport MB White Diamond Pearl
I don't know about the window and mirror, but my temp went out, so I bought a new cluster thinking (or not thinking) it was broken, but it turned out to be a burned out bulb that needed to be changed.....while I had the cluster removed I replaced all the bulbs at once so as not to have to remove the gauge cluster again. So the temp needs a new light in back of the cluster changed....
Old 11-18-2012, 06:38 AM

C200 Classic Auto S-98
Originally Posted by jc1kz
I don't know about the window and mirror, but my temp went out, so I bought a new cluster thinking (or not thinking) it was broken, but it turned out to be a burned out bulb that needed to be changed.....while I had the cluster removed I replaced all the bulbs at once so as not to have to remove the gauge cluster again. So the temp needs a new light in back of the cluster changed....
thanks jc1kz - i'll look into how much of a job getting to the bulbs is - i cant imagine its a simple one!
Old 11-18-2012, 06:57 PM

2014 C259 Sport MB White Diamond Pearl
Originally Posted by impromento
thanks jc1kz - i'll look into how much of a job getting to the bulbs is - i cant imagine its a simple one!
Here are several ways to remove the cluster on youtube.com good luck....

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....1.lpfNo19wANU
Old 11-18-2012, 10:51 PM

None Yet!
If you remove the underdash panel or knee bolster thing you can get to the bulbs in the back of the dash.