C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Worked over by a Reindeer....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 C230
Unhappy Worked over by a Reindeer....

Worked over by a Reindeer....-0mjigl.jpg

This is the current state of my 98 C230. Just happened 3 hours ago from a run-in with a deer. I bought it 3 years ago with 44k miles and it currently has 108k. I have installed a new steering gearbox, speed conductor plate, regeneration purge valve and many other things. I love this car so much and was curious what the community thinks i should do next.

I was thinking of purchasing a OEM hood or maybe Carbon fiber....Next I will assess the Radiator damage and buy a new one if needed. Most likely the radiator mount should still be ok and hopefully the Fan wasnt damaged too much.

In a way I look forward to rebuilding the front end of this car and would like any input from the community available.

GrumpleStache
Old 12-12-2012, 12:52 AM

2014 C259 Sport MB White Diamond Pearl
Holly F&^%ing SH#t.... Man that was one bad *** reindeer...

Glad you are okay...I would fix it

Of course insurane will want to total it, if they do buy it back and fix it, hmmm....new headlights/bottom headlight trim piece/cornerlights/rad core support/new radiator/hood/grill/new fan...and thats just the big stuff, anyway a body shp will give you a list of things that need fixing.....Good luck....
Old 12-12-2012, 09:42 AM

98 C230
Thanks for the input. Yeah it was a pretty big deer. In fact I think it got up and ran away.

The big stuff should be no problem to find online and surprisingly the headlight assembly on the passengers side is unharmed. I will be doing most of the work myself so if you have other suggestions for upgrades that would be awesome.
The front end will be in pieces most of the holiday season so i might as well do some work on the error code it also throws off. (p0442 fuel vapor leak in the EVAP control system.)

anyway back to work for me. ill probably spend the day excited to tear the front end down when i get home.