C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Coil Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2013 | 05:32 PM

chevrolet z-71
Coil Issues

Might anyone know of the proper ohmn reading for the 1996 c280 m104 coil packs? This is my finding's. I just purchased 1 new well's coil to replace 1 of the original bosch coil's(black tar came out of the old one), keep in mind my lil one has 195K on it. Now with that said the previous owner has replace one of the remaing 2 coils with a sti coil. That leaves 1 original bosch coil. Now for the ohmn readings I got off of all 3! The Brand new well's has a ohmn reading on the input side of center post to grnd of 8.82 ohmn's, inner post to outer ring of .7 ohmns'. This is a new coil. And being ohmned from the input side. The older factory bosch has a reading from inner post to grnd(steel body of coil) of infinity( grounding out) and a reading of .6 from inner post to outter ring. Now the 3rd(sti coil) Has a reading of 12.37 ohmns' to infinity to the coil steel(grnd). and a reading of .7 ohmns from inner(center post to outter ring Input side). Any thoughts. Thanks all.
Old 07-07-2013 | 05:43 PM

chevrolet z-71
The car is sarting to skip and sputter once it warms up. I have changed the old original plug wire's with new bosch premium copper ones. I have replaced the new plugs that didn't have 300 miles on them with newer ones. The plug's i pulled I purchased from autohauz being direct replacements for the original's. They all had a light brown tint to them and they were not wet. But only had 300 +/- miles on them. I changed to ngk dual fire plug's. And still the sam problem exists once the car warms up it starts to spit and sputter. Any input all?? Thanks!!