C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Seafoam on '99 C230

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 01:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C43 AMG
Exclamation Seafoam on '99 C230

I know this has been discussed before and before, but i didn't get any good clear answers so I need to ask. On my 1999 C230 Kompressor, when using Seafoam, Some say to add to liquid into the vacuum hose and the gas tank. By adding to gas tank, should it be below a 1/4 of a fuel tank or can it be on a full tank?
And by adding it to the vacuum hose, how much can / should be used of Seafoam.
Others on the other hand say that they have added Seafoam to the Fuel tank, Vacuum hose and the Oil chamber / crank case. By adding it to the oil crank case, will it have any issues it the oil mixture and does it go to the kompressor [Turbocharger]?
I heard the the kompressor [Eaton Tubrocharger] has its own oil, other say that it shared the oil from the engine block [Engine oil]. Want to clarify this because I want to be sure to add to the Fuel, Vacuum, and or Engine Oil Block.
Also heard that by adding it to the oil case, you must do the oil service right after. What do they mean after, 1 day or 10 miles driven? just need some clarity to this, thanks in advance!
Old 10-29-2013, 03:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 C230 Kompressor
You should read the directions on the can first, it clearly says how much of the can should be used for the intake, gas tank, and oil. If my memory serves me correct, 1/3rd or 1/2 can should be used for the intake.

There is a small rubber hose coming into the front of your throttle body at 90*, remove that hose, start the car, use a funnel to SLOWLY pour in the liquid. When you get close to or near the 1/2 can mark, dump a large amount in to kill the engine. Wait 5 minutes. Start up engine and rev to the limit and release. Do this until the white smoke stops barreling out. The more white smoke you produce, the better. If you have the ability to safely drive it, do so and hit the rev limiter a few times. The white smoke indicates carbon being burned off that was once stuck inside your intake.

I would add the SeaFoam to the gas when it's at 1/4 tank and then drive till empty.

I would NOT add SeaFoam to the oil. MB gaskets are designed to only be subjected to certain oils, SeaFoam not being one. You can add it to your Ford or Chevy, but not this one, especially if you use synthetic.