C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

should i pay?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
should i pay?

Brought the car to dealership for center link (previous post) and the check engine light. I told them to check out what was causing it. Now, it is $650 for the center link and 4 wheel alignment (steering wheel off). he calls and tells me now it's up to $961 and he already reduced about $400, so in actuallity, it's about $1361!!!!

He said the check engine light was due to the "upshift delay switch cover valve". They fixed the check engine light last time i was in because of the "throttle valve seal" gone bad and the upshift delay.

He talked to the service manager to cover it because it's mainly their fault that they didn't fix it right the first time and they never called me to approve of the repair or charges. Do I have to pay for the repairs because they didn't call me with the problem and to approve of the repair and charges? I just asked them to check out what's causing the light. As well as it's their mechanics who didn't do the job right...what do you think?
Old 09-12-2003, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 C280
i would not pay...get the manager and talk to him about the problem...if you have the recipt, show it to them that they worket on the car the last time and that it was their problem....you should not pay for their mistakes

Elvir
Old 09-12-2003, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
just got back from dealership. i think my SA and I misheard each other on the phone. He said that because the check engine light came on last time, it may have damaged my "upshift delay swich" thingymabob. So, they said since it wasn't really their fault that the upshift thing broke, due to the throttle valve being broken caused this part to break, they gave me a break on the price.

They told me that it is a 6-7 hour job because they had to drop the tranny and such to get to the transmission cable for the upshift thing. So they dropped $500 in labor charges for that job, etc. So with center link, alignment and the upshift cable, $905. Better than $1400 i guess.

I talked with my SA and the SA manager for about 1/2 hour till we finally could agree on something. I told them that i spent $7500 in the past two years on my car alone, not to mention our family's ML.

They went back and forth trying to agree on something and they took a negative hit on the labor for the mechanic i guess, so atleast I saved $500 on the job...oye.