C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Tail & standing rear lamp out:only comes on when using rear foglight switch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 06:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 C280 Mercedes Benz
Tail & standing rear lamp out:only comes on when using rear foglight switch

Hi.
If someone knows the solution, please let me know:
W202:2000 C280 Mercedes
Left tail light & standing lamp does not come on.
Yet, standing lamp bulb only comes on when turning on rear fog light switch & left tail light stays off regardless.
Both left & right rear pc boards are brand new.

Does anyone know if this is a harness or light assembly program, although I don't see any corrosion on the left rear assembly & the pc board houses all the bulbs & simply screws on.

Does this have anything to do with the fact that my front left parking light is also out and/or will a new front left socket fix both problems or only exclusively the front? Is either problem a switch problem? Please advise.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1996 C36
I would check the light control module as all the lighting signals go through this. That is what triggers the bulb out light on the dash. The module is located in the front fuse box area, at least that is where it is on my 96. You do have to remove the screws that hold the cover. Have to checked to make sure you have good grounds?