C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

NEW NEED HELP - ADVICE - SELL OR KEEP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 C280 Kompressor
NEW NEED HELP - ADVICE - SELL OR KEEP

hey guys, im fairly new to the forum and new to the w202 world but have been reading lots of threads to gain more info about my 94 c280 kompressor - i have bought the car not too long ago 4 months now and since my family moved out to BC vancouver im going there as well. I wanted to know what you guys think is the best option - should i sell my current beast (ahha my benzie nickname) since i got the car loving every minute of it its a lot diff than my previous car (05 civic) and since then im in love with w202s c280s especially - the car had a slight problem when i got it - whenever i started it it would be stuck in 1st gear and wouldnt change for about 2 min but since then i started putting it in N then drive and its fine. Now what you guys think should i do? sell the car or take it from toronto to vancouver? i love the car and hate to see it go. it has 207km and looks amazing cometically and mechanically so far no issues except one i described and guess figured out, pulls strong and ive looked at specs and 194hp is pretty damn strong. the engine is a kompressor engine and another thing here is how would i know when it kicks in or works? let me know what you guys think thanks
Attached Thumbnails NEW NEED HELP - ADVICE - SELL OR KEEP-_27-3-.jpg   NEW NEED HELP - ADVICE - SELL OR KEEP-_27-2-.jpg   NEW NEED HELP - ADVICE - SELL OR KEEP-_27-1-.jpg  
Old 12-12-2015, 08:07 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
C230
If you drive it to Vancouver, you have a car, but potentially with eastern Canada rust.
Vancouver has a lot of used 280's, so the option is your own common sense, and how much you want to keep it?
Does you car have daytime headlight running lights?
Old 12-14-2015, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 C280 Kompressor
Originally Posted by ptcruiser
If you drive it to Vancouver, you have a car, but potentially with eastern Canada rust.
Vancouver has a lot of used 280's, so the option is your own common sense, and how much you want to keep it?
Does you car have daytime headlight running lights?
Thanks for the reply, I already checked and they don't have good condition c280s there and if they do there's anyway rust, yeah the car does have daytime running lights and also fog lights as well, I have decided to sell it but what you guys think would be a good price? 207km AMG rims and runs mint, some vibration but I ordered parts for the car for the minor issues it has.
Old 12-14-2015, 01:03 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
C230
Your best bet is check Ebay to see what prices people are asking. Remember that you should add on the exchange difference from the US to Canada, which I believe is about .73 cents to 1 US dollar.
I was interested to find out about the running lights, as I am a Canadian, but I live in Central America. I was thinking that eventually, I may return and I need to have daylight running lights to comply to Canadian standards. Since you have them, then I should be able to get the necessary switch from Mercedes in Canada.