C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Water leaked from underneath the glove box.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2004 | 11:04 PM
Almost a Member!

Water leaked from underneath the glove box.

After i had my carwash the fan turned on like i had the AC on, and all of a sudden water started pouring from underneath the glove box. Anyone know what this could be? I am getting really sick and tired with this car. this is the second time it has happened.
Old 02-24-2004 | 05:09 AM

C280
Open the hood on your car to its maximum position.

Then go to the very edge of the windshield, ie the bottom corners. Just below that you have the drain channels for the water which go into a rubber tube. These often get blocked and if they do, the water will rise up and flow into your air vents and then into the car.

This really is a 2 minute job and could well be your problem.
Old 02-24-2004 | 08:48 AM

Black C 240
If the water smells bad then it is your air conditioner....the drain tubes simply need to be blown out by your nearest shop or MB dealer. Simple and cheap, but can be very frustrating.
Old 02-24-2004 | 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Originally posted by mjtray
Open the hood on your car to its maximum position.

Then go to the very edge of the windshield, ie the bottom corners. Just below that you have the drain channels for the water which go into a rubber tube. These often get blocked and if they do, the water will rise up and flow into your air vents and then into the car.

This really is a 2 minute job and could well be your problem.
I would try this method first. If you live in an area with lots of leaves and pine needles, they get clogged in the drain routes....mine is filled with leaves and pine needs from over the years.