C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Drifting in a C class Benz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2002, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Drifting in a C class Benz

Has anyone else tried this? So far its been kind of difficult for me to lose traction in the rear wheels, so im planning to buy some cheap worn tires. On another more interesting note, i ditched school today and maxed out at 133mph on the freeway. Thats has to be the greatest adrenalin rush ever. Im only 16 and thats the fastest ive ever driven to date, and im proud to say that practically no one else at school is capable of doing that. BTW my parents dont let me drive, so i stole their keys. What an interesting day!
Old 04-05-2002, 05:00 AM
Almost a Member!

1995 C280 & 2002 CLK320 Cabrio
133 is not that hard in a C280. Drives like a dream, huh?
However, your parents don't let you drive it because obviously you're reckless! Same reason my parent's didn't let me drive their 99 S420 about 4 years ago when I was 16. Don't PUSH it in that car! The possible RESULTS are NOT worth it!

Also, wanting to put cheap, wornout tires on a car so that it will lose grip is about the STUPIDEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD! ABSURD! You want the BEST POSSIBLE tires on your car offering the most traction possible to ensure safety, and to give you the astounding driving experience Mercedes' offers!

If you want to spin out, then floor it, and make a turn... IE I can lose grip if I'm stopped... heading straight, then FLOORING it, and immediately making a turn. WITH CAUTION OF COURSE!!
Old 04-05-2002, 12:24 PM

I want worn tires so i can drift - you know the proccess of losing traction in the rear tires which makes tight cornering faster and more fun.
Old 04-05-2002, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1996 C36 AMG, 1995 Volvo 850 Turbowagon
not necessarily...
Old 04-06-2002, 04:31 AM

1996 C280 Auto Elegance
Getting a W202 to drift will take some skill. If you just want to get the back out, make a turn while flooring it from standstill.
I strongly advise against any further experimentation as the above experiment will prove that the W202 provides SNAP oversteer and if it oversteers in a fast corner I'm afraid you won't be able to catch/correct it.

Be careful out there!
Old 04-15-2002, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, Sienna SE
Mr Jones is correct. From a standstill to a turn it is very easy. Just be careful to react quickly because if not you will end up crashing.

In my experience drifting is scary from what I noticed in my C36. I would do it on occasion by accident if a floor it too hard in a turn. The back end would break and I would go sideways. I've also hit 155mph, the speed limiter in the C36 and C43. In the C43 it would throw me into 158. Anyways, I dont do it anymore. Its not worth it. One time I did a flyby on a cop who was giving someone a ticket. I was going 152 mph at the time. I braked then realized that is jailtime so i floored it. Luckily the next exit was my house so I quickly made it into my house and sat in the garage. I didnt even go outside for 5 min. My friend who was following me said the cop and yelling into his radio and Im sure they were looking for me. No more speeding like that for me. I got lucky the first time and who knows if my luck will run out and Ill end up in jail with my car impounded or worse yet Ill get into an accident and kill myself and others.