C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Interior Light Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2017 | 09:02 PM
RPB

Interior Light Problem

Hey Guys-

I could use some advice. Less than a year ago i replaced my interior bulbs w/ LEDs. There was an immediate issue after replacing the rear dome light bulb. All the interior lights did not work at first after swapping this bulb to LED and then after wiggling it around a bit i got it to work, but it would require some adjustment on occasion to keep the interior lights working. I'm pretty sure the rear dome light is the ground for all the interior lights.

About a month ago i had the headliner swapped out because it was sagging. After i got the car back I tried the same method of installing a new bulb and making a few adjustments to get it to work. Now the light will illuminate for a millisecond before the fuse blows.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I swapped a few MB interior lights to LED in the past, this is the first time I ran into this problem. I would really like to get the lights working again, if someone can offer up some insight it would be appreciated. I'm almost positive this has to do with it not grounding properly. I would like to hear your thoughts.

Cheers,

-Rob