C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

remove drivers seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
remove drivers seat

hey all,

how hard is it to remove the drivers seat?

or better question/problem: my power seat function isn't working correctly. Every power move is working except for the tilt up and down from the back of the seat. So you have the seat bar going horizontally on the door and if you push up and down from the back (left) of it, it just makes the grinding noise so you can't tilt. Any idea on how to fix that or is the whole motor need replacing?
Old 05-18-2004, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1996 C280
I actually have a bit of experience with this. A friend of mine wrecked her 95 C280 awhile back, and I arranged to transplant her black leather into my car replacing the stock gray vinyl. The passenger front sear was easy to get out. Just disconnect the two wiring harnesses underneath (ones red, ones black i think), remove the four bolts on the corners of the tracks, and pull it out. The driver's seat was considerably harder to get out, but only because it was pinned in by the caved in side of the car. It was pretty nasty, the floor was buckled up about 2 inches and the transmission tunnel was leaining over towards the passenger side quite a bit. Taking the front seats out isn't a big deal though. Also, I found that taking them out through the rear doors was easier, but I think I had the rear seat out at the time...