C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Where do the camber bolts on W202 actually go

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C180 1999
Where do the camber bolts on W202 actually go

Hi I have a 1999 C180 with positive camber on Passenger side. And slight Neg on Driver side. So obviously pulling to passenger side. I am getting four wheel alignment using Hunter Pro System but will need to fit these bolts as I don't think they come as standard.I don't think there is much adjustment with them and none without which seems crazy. I know the part number but not sure where they actually go. Have read is it two either side on the front? Have scrolled through loads of posts but no videos or clear instructions on where they go unfortunately.

Last edited by nagaf; 03-06-2018 at 03:03 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-12-2018, 02:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
1998 C280
The bolts replace those in the lower control arm, front and back, two bolts per each arm. Be sure you understand the effect of the bolts, which is limited, before installing so that a) you put them in correctly and b) your expectations are achieved. The bolts don't change the camber by much but it might be enough to resolve your camber issues.

I need to do this on one side of my wife's C280 as well, but I know in advance it will need more. You will need the special spring compressor tool that is available from Amazon for about $80. If you're doing the work yourself, it's not that difficult. As always, the second side will take half the time the first one does.

Be sure that the lower control arm bushings do not need replacement before you get this done. I removed the lower control arm and bushings using a fair amount of BFH and bad language, but the shop I asked to press in the new bushings bent the arm and ended up buying me an new one which came with the bushings installed. I had though of that but hoped to avoid the new price of the arm with bushings already installed. It's like that for many cars whose LCA bushings are worn out - bushing removal/replacement is a real b*tch without a press and correct tools.