C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

1994 C280

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2002 | 03:18 PM

Black 1994 C280
1994 C280

I just bought a 1994 C280 and had a few questions that maybe someone more familiar with the car out there could answer.

1. Any ideas on where I could look for a new shift surround (replace the plastic with Chrome) and a new shift knob? I have checked sites like perfomanceproducts.com and oberklasse.com, and they seem to only offer them for '95/'96 and up.

2. Anybody ever try and replace the LCD display for the climate control? (Mine is obscured by something behind the plastic cover)

3. Any suggestions on how to replace a missing button from the original MB tuner? (A new MB tuner is extremely expensive and I can't put an Alpine or any other aftermarket in there, as my car has an MB amp in the back.)

4. Is there a replacement grill made without plastic slats between the chrome? (ie: chrome slats in lieu of the plastic ones)

If any of these questions have been answered in previous threads I appologize. Thanks in advance for your replies!
Old 05-03-2002 | 07:25 PM
Almost a Member!

C 230
hey, hopefully i can help with most of this stuff:

you can get a chrome shift surround from the MB dealer for
cheap, it's the same on that came on the SLK. had the MB part # but i lost it. my dealer quoted me about $9 so you should get it cheap.

not sure about the climate control, i'd ask the dealer.

you can replace the head unit, even with a stock mercedes amplifier in the trunk, most car stereo places will help you figure out the wiring. if they don't then email me dak3a@virginia.edu and i'll write up an explanation.

there are tons of aftermarket grills out there, they'll either be listed as avant garde or s600 grill. performance products carries them, so does autoclass.com. you might also want to try bekkers or evosport.com.

hope this helps,

dustin
Old 05-12-2002 | 03:25 AM

As of the head unit.
You can get a OEM mercedes CD player from becker.
Here is the picture:
http://www.beckerautosound.com/4602specs.html
You can also get the cable adapter and radio remove tool from them.