C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Caster question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 07:48 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
S55
Exclamation Caster question

I recently got my car aligned and it came back with some disturbing results. My car is lowered on Vogtland springs with Bilstein shocks, and I do have the Mercedes factory adjustable alignment bolts installed which I adjusted to remove as much negative camber as I could. However, I did install new forward rear subframe bushings and am concerned that because that the drivers side bushing may still have room to be pressed down another two or three millimeters that this might be causing the additional 2.5 degrees of additional caster on that side. Does anyone feel that this could be the case? I have the yearly alignment from Big-O as they are right near my apartment, although I have not went out to completely press the bushing in. Otherwise, I am just assuming that the car has been in accident and something else could be bent and causing the discrepancy in measurement. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Here are the measurements: