C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

C250 TD LOTS of oil in intake, Just valve seals/seating surface or PISTON RINGS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2021, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 C250 TD MT WAGON
Unhappy C250 TD LOTS of oil in intake, Just valve seals/seating surface or PISTON RINGS?

Hello everyone,
So Friday I did maintenance (filters and oil), then fixed the shut off valve that leaked from its end caps, yesterday I deleted the EGR by putting a coin between the pipe that goes from the exhaust manifold to the EGR valve, the Benz ran incredibly, today after a decently long drive, being very close to my house, the low engine oil light lit, turned on and off 2 times, opened the hood when I arrived home and...
I gave a quick visual inspection and found that the valve leaked oil (check the photo where i will show you where it leaked), it dripped over the turbo, a mess.
I removed the pipes that go from the intercooler to the EGR and the one that goes from the EGR to the intake manifold, there was literally a oil pool in the intake manifold, the pipes were VERY oily, removed the valve and it was full of oil in the part where it goes to the housing/pipe and also between the coin and the EGR valve.
So... my theories that explain the problem are 2:
Option 1 (the WORST) (hope this isn't the problem): Scored cylinder walls and piston rings
Option 2 (the easy and cheap): Valve seals/seating surface
I think it's option 2, fumes don't come out from the dipstick when it's running and the car still drives like a beauty
What do you guys think is the issue? Option 1 or 2 or other thing?