C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Loud Searing, almost ear piercing sounds...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 C280
Loud Searing, almost ear piercing sounds...

I don't know if I was tripping because the baby kept me up all nite, but i drove to work in morn, everything was fine. At lunch went to get my fix it ticket done (had to strip the fronts of the tint, $55 to put back on, @#$%) Anyways I was driving for about 10 min and this high pitched sound kept going on and off. 1 second on, 5 seconds off back and forth all hour and half long. Check the radio, gears (neutral, park, drive) still coming on and off. by now I have a huge headache listening to it and trying to figure it out. Parked the car, cant hear it outside only in the cabin. Oh well, pumped up the music to try to block it out, i can still hear it. finally get back to work. On the way home it's still going on and off until I get to my exit (30 mins later), and it finally stops.

Any ideas what the hell that was, other than my mind trippin???
Old 10-05-2004, 07:12 PM

99 C43 AMG & 2008 Corvette 1LT Z51 LS3
That sounds like the same problem I have. I've just been too lazy to find it and fix it.

Try turning on the air conditioning, any setting will work. If the sound goes away its a vacuum valve inside the dash on the passengers side. Its probably accessible by dropping the lower dash panel on the passngers side.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:58 PM

1995 C280
wow, i'll have to check that. it was funny bcuz my wife and i went downtown and we didn't hear it becuz i was blastin the radio. on the way home though she was driving (i was too drunk) and she was hearing the sounds. i told her what sounds and that she was trippin. i was laughing so hard inside becuz she would be like " there, did you hear that"

"no"

"there it goes again"

"honey maybe you're too drunk"

"no, i swear i hear something"

"whatever"

all the way home, until i fessed up.