C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C230 modification tuning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cars
C230 modification tuning

I wany my car to be faster at the same time i want to kick myself for having aftermarket tuners that charge 2000 dollars for exhaust. A pulley kit gives me from 20-40hp boost and costs between 400-900 bucks. I need help, I want to make the car the baddest coupe out there...like dual exhaust tips and performance headers/intake widebody bodykit and an upgraded supercharger. I've looked online for countless hours and I find nothing, not even a simple K&N air filter...Maybe i should've bought a honda? No 1 has trouble finding parts for hondas....damnit
Old 06-12-2002, 08:27 PM

2002 C230k
Re: C230 modification tuning

Originally posted by tedypedy
...I want to make the car the baddest coupe out there...like dual exhaust tips and performance headers/intake widebody bodykit and an upgraded supercharger.
Bolt-on mods aren't going to make your coupe anywhere near the baddest one out there... if you're serious about doing it right, be prepared to spend at least as much as the car cost initially, and don't even bother messing with the little four banger it came with...
Old 06-13-2002, 03:33 PM

Re: C230 modification tuning

Originally posted by tedypedy
Maybe i should've bought a honda? No 1 has trouble finding parts for hondas....damnit
Yea but a honda is not a MB.
Old 06-13-2002, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Sports Coupe
find a wrecked C32 or a salvage and buy the engine, then have MB tech somehow wedge it in there. or save yourself the trouble and get a C32. The coupe is a topend car. It will never be a land rocket with simple bolt-ons.
Old 06-13-2002, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can certainly get K&N filters, I ordered one last week and should get here on Friday, costs $32 + 7 shipping. Don't think it's any more expensive than a Honda K&N. As far as mods, there are at least a half dozen performance companies and they range in price from low to high end. If you want high end go with Brabus, Renntech. If you want mid end, go with Vaeth, Kleemann, H&S, Wetteraur. If you want best value, Timmy and I are working on that with a pulley company for a group buy as you already know. Yes the pullies are expensive but have you seen one? They are huge and complex to machine. There's only one chip company that I know about right now, Upsolute, but GIAC is working to change that.

I think that with an alloy pulley, a K&N filter, a good exhaust, a higher flow, more efficient intercooler and a chip you can approach over 275hp at the motor. Will it be as cheap as doing it on a Honda, I think cheaper. Think what it would take to make a Honda put out 275hp? Jackson Racing supercharger? Cam, exhaust, intake? And would that front wheel drive beast be drivable?