C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Sirius Satellite Install... NOT HAPPY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 02:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C320 Coupe MT
The best bet would be to wait till the new MB small colored antenna is available. It is not at the moment, although there are several hundred of each sitting in the parts depots around the country. The "official" reason for delaying this new antenna is that the engineering department is overtaxed at the moment and can't revise all of the work instructions to deal with this change.

As was mentioned earlier, the SIRIUS option from the factory is using this antenna. However, this must have been after they did your car. When I get a chance, I can take a picture of my car which has this antenna, maybe that would help make a decision.

The main problem you have is that the hole is in your decklid. That pretty much precludes using any aftermarket antenna. The benefit you get is that the small factory antenna will retrofit to your decklid no problem. Beside the antenna you will need a splitter as well. Here are the part numbers, for when they are available:

B6 783 0080 Black
B6 783 0081 Pewter
B6 783 0082 Iridium Silver
B6 783 0083 Alabaster White
B6 783 0084 Primed

B6 783 0058 Splitter (necessary to use new antenna)

Hopefully they won't take too long to release these!
Old 04-11-2005, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mbbodytech
The best bet would be to wait till the new MB small colored antenna is available. It is not at the moment, although there are several hundred of each sitting in the parts depots around the country. The "official" reason for delaying this new antenna is that the engineering department is overtaxed at the moment and can't revise all of the work instructions to deal with this change.

As was mentioned earlier, the SIRIUS option from the factory is using this antenna. However, this must have been after they did your car. When I get a chance, I can take a picture of my car which has this antenna, maybe that would help make a decision.

The main problem you have is that the hole is in your decklid. That pretty much precludes using any aftermarket antenna. The benefit you get is that the small factory antenna will retrofit to your decklid no problem. Beside the antenna you will need a splitter as well. Here are the part numbers, for when they are available:

B6 783 0080 Black
B6 783 0081 Pewter
B6 783 0082 Iridium Silver
B6 783 0083 Alabaster White
B6 783 0084 Primed

B6 783 0058 Splitter (necessary to use new antenna)

Hopefully they won't take too long to release these!
Thanks for the great information! If you could please take a picture, I would really appreciate it!

When I meet with the sales manger and factory rep. on Wednesday, I'm hoping to get this resolved. Maybe they could find these parts, paint them to match the brilliant silver, and I could be done with it.

Lee
Old 04-11-2005, 03:25 PM

Just called the parts department and they have the numbers in their system. I asked if they could be ordred, and they stated yes... so, I contacted my rep. and she is going to determine if we can get one ordered and installed.

Crossing my fingers that they can get them, and I can put this mess behind me.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K Sport Coupe, 1986 190E 2.3
Originally Posted by revstriker
I agree that the consumer needs to be better informed when making decisions, but I disagree that the sales people do not have a responsibility to explain what they are selling, including the need to drill a hole in the car as part of installation. The kind of sales people that only do what you suggest, are the kind that never get repeat customers, and never get recommended to others. Part of being a successful sales person is providing a service to the customer, and doing whatever is necessary to ensuring that the customer be completely satisfied.
Oh I agree rev. If you want to get a repeat customer obviously you do not **** them off. But I know of many dealerships that only give a crap about that one sale, they do not care if you come back and you can tell that by there Service Department. I lived near two of them growing up and they killed my fathers business by over selling, then we had to fix them becuase we were a Dodge dealer and we had an obligation to fix the Chrysler Porducts. Even if we did not sell them. The funny thing is in a few years these idiots forget about there first experience and go right back up to save a few bucks. In the end it is ultimately up to the Purchaser as remember the Sales Persons only job is to Sell!!!! As long as people keep buying from them they will do everything they can to get you in that car! One reason Car Salesman are at the bottom of that 'Who do you like?' list!
Old 04-11-2005, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K Sport Coupe, 1986 190E 2.3
Originally Posted by lccalvert_1999
Just called the parts department and they have the numbers in their system. I asked if they could be ordred, and they stated yes... so, I contacted my rep. and she is going to determine if we can get one ordered and installed.

Crossing my fingers that they can get them, and I can put this mess behind me.
Just make sure it covers the original hole without leaking!
Old 04-11-2005, 05:27 PM

04 C320 Coupe MT
The new antenna covers the hole to spare. And there is no chance of leaking, because it has two separate seals.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:16 PM

MBBODYTECH...

Thanks for the information... here is the response from the parts department, maybe you could tell my why they are good parts numbers but not available?

Thanks, Lee

'I just spoke with Linda in the parts department regarding these parts numbers. Although they are good numbers, they do not appear on the available
parts list. Who did you speak with that told you they are available and that this antenna will be compatable with your Sirus installation and model?'
Old 04-11-2005, 06:43 PM

04 C320 Coupe MT
Hi Lee,

The reason I know is because I work for MBUSA. Like I mentioned earlier, they are being held back for reasons that only the engineering department could explain. There are several hundred of each in the different parts depots, it's just that they don't want to let them out to the dealers yet. I don't know why, and I'm not happy about it either.

The best thing you could do would be to be patient (not easy to do, I know!!) and wait for them to become available. It can't be for too much longer, and for the wait maybe you could get them to take care of the whole thing for free and maybe throw someting else in for the hassle.

Even though this is not anything I have any control over, I do feel bad as a member of our company that this is happening.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:52 AM

S550 / S430 / E320
Sirius

My dealer got the antenna in for my 2004 S class and showed it to me yesterday. It's 040 black and it looks really good. I think the parts may be available now.

Old 04-12-2005, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by NJS430
My dealer got the antenna in for my 2004 S class and showed it to me yesterday. It's 040 black and it looks really good. I think the parts may be available now.

NJS430... I sent a private message, but if you could post the dealership name, that would be great. Also, if you could responsd to the private message with your salesperson, or service manager, I would greatly appreciate it. If my dealership can't get it, I may simply order from another dealer.

Thanks for the great information everyone...
Old 04-12-2005, 10:10 AM

04 C320 Coupe MT
I checked yesterday and just now, and the parts are available for ordering. I don't know if it will stay that way for very long, since that's how I got my antenna. There was some sort of mistake in the system, and the "block" was lifted for about a day, and I was fortunate enough to get an order in and actually got the part. Then the next day, whoa, the part was blocked again.

Try to get them to order them ASAP, I hope it will work our for you!
Old 04-12-2005, 10:20 AM

I checked yesterday and just now, and the parts are available for ordering. I don't know if it will stay that way for very long, since that's how I got my antenna. There was some sort of mistake in the system, and the "block" was lifted for about a day, and I was fortunate enough to get an order in and actually got the part. Then the next day, whoa, the part was blocked again.

Try to get them to order them ASAP, I hope it will work our for you!
If I don't have any luck with the parts department, any change you could help a brother out and order the parts for me? I'm good for it! Also, since I have a brilliant silver car, I assume that I need the primed part... and then get it painted?

Thanks, Lee

.... just ordered the primed receiver and the splitter. Hopefully I made the right choice with the primed unit... the parts department was clueless about what these things were. They also stated that they can't be returned because they are electrical parts??

Hope this works!

Thanks again everyone

Last edited by lccalvert_1999; 04-12-2005 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:50 AM

04 C320 Coupe MT
I'm glad that they got it for you, or at least ordered them. Are you going to do the install yourself or have the dealer? If you are going to do it, I can give you some help with it, although it is a quite painless process.

I'm not surprised that the dealer has a "I'll order them for you, but that's it" mentality, but trust me, it will work out fine!
Old 04-12-2005, 11:50 AM

I'm glad that they got it for you, or at least ordered them. Are you going to do the install yourself or have the dealer? If you are going to do it, I can give you some help with it, although it is a quite painless process.

I'm not surprised that the dealer has a "I'll order them for you, but that's it" mentality, but trust me, it will work out fine!
I'm going to have the dealership do the install for me. The receiver will need to be painted anyway, so they can take care of it. I'm going to ask them to cover the costs of the parts and installation... we'll see how that goes. Its funny, Colormatch sent the replacement part yesterday, oh well.

One thing, I want to make sure that the part number is correct... primed. Metallic Silver is my c230K color. Hope I ordered the right part.

Lee
Old 04-13-2005, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
You're such an idiot. Who cares how its affixed if there is a hole in the trunk lid for the cable to feed.

And who cares about your Ford and its problems. Thats what you get for using a aluminum foil spoiler directly on top of your antenna so that it can't receive a satellite signal.

Once again you're showing your kindergarten derived technical know how.

ROTFLMAO!
Old 04-13-2005, 01:31 AM
Banned

Old 04-13-2005, 08:55 AM

The part is in... I will post pics after I get the install done on Friday. Still waiting to hear from the dealership as to whether they will cover the cost of replacement.

Lee
Old 04-13-2005, 10:18 AM

04 C320 Coupe MT
Lee - glad to hear the good news. I'm surprised that they are going to be able to get it painted so quickly. Hopefully the dealer will take care of it. From what I can see the antenna is about $60 and the splitter is about $30 (suggested retail, and we all know what "suggested" means!) and if the technician is doing this for the first time it should take him no more than an hour, and that's a generous estimate.

By the way, between posts yesterday, I ordered a silver antenna and splitter for you, and when I was getting ready to mention it, you had already posted that they ordered one for you. No big deal, though.

One last thing, when you get the car back, there will be a slight impression in the paint in the shape of the old antenna outline. Don't panic, it will go away in a week or so. I know this because I have retrofit 6 new style antennas, and have seen this happen. Trust me, it will go away.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:14 PM

Lee - glad to hear the good news. I'm surprised that they are going to be able to get it painted so quickly. Hopefully the dealer will take care of it. From what I can see the antenna is about $60 and the splitter is about $30 (suggested retail, and we all know what "suggested" means!) and if the technician is doing this for the first time it should take him no more than an hour, and that's a generous estimate.

By the way, between posts yesterday, I ordered a silver antenna and splitter for you, and when I was getting ready to mention it, you had already posted that they ordered one for you. No big deal, though.

One last thing, when you get the car back, there will be a slight impression in the paint in the shape of the old antenna outline. Don't panic, it will go away in a week or so. I know this because I have retrofit 6 new style antennas, and have seen this happen. Trust me, it will go away.
Thanks for all your help. Let me know if I owe you for the parts if you can't return them...

Also, I ordered the primed part and they are going to try to paint it tomorrow. This shouldn't affect the signal right... I mean, since its primed, I assume its meant to be painted

Again, thanks for the help, and let me know if you can't return the parts.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:51 AM

2006 BMW X5 4.8is and 2005 C55 AMG
Here are pictures of the new antenna. It looks dramatically better then the old one. The pictures actually make it look slightly larger than it really is.

Old 04-14-2005, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Citron Green C230KMT
looks awesome!
Old 04-14-2005, 02:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally Posted by CitronC230K_03
looks awesome!
I'm still not liking it. Would be better if they could mount it to the roof somehow. Maybe it looks better in person.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Thumbs up

I like my SIRIUS antenna...

can you see it ???

here's a close-up:

Carlos

Saprissa@aol.com
Old 04-14-2005, 04:22 PM

2006 BMW X5 4.8is and 2005 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by Saprissa
I like my SIRIUS antenna...

can you see it ???

here's a close-up:

Carlos

Saprissa@aol.com
The only problem with that install is that it is not covered under the factory warranty and you do not get 15 free months of service.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by revstriker
I'm still not liking it. Would be better if they could mount it to the roof somehow. Maybe it looks better in person.
Looks a hell of a lot better than what was there before!

Got a call from the dealership today. They are having a hard time wiring the new receiver to the old one

Apparently, the internal wiring harness is completely different. Service advisor stated that they need to rewire inside the body??? This seems to contradict what others were saying on this forum that the switch is easy to do? Its basically going to take them two days to get this done. Add to the fact that my service advisor is an ******* and I'm sooo done with this dealership...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sirius Satellite Install... NOT HAPPY