C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Acura RSX is way better

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.33 average.

Old 06-22-2002, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rx300/cadillac sts/e320 2k3
Re: MGB

Originally posted by TXTiger
Rick - what years are your MGB's? I have a 1968 Roadster myself - love it!
i have a 1961 MG midget does that count???
Old 06-22-2002, 04:17 PM
Almost a Member!

Finally, I have some time to write a reply.

The best things in life are usually neither black nor white, rather they're some shade of grey in between. From the affordable 2+2 coupes in the US, we have the mustang, camaro, and firebird on one side, where refinement is sacrificed for performance. On the other side we have cars like the C230, where refinement and luxury are their main objectives, and performance is a second priority. That's why I like the RSX. It's somewhere in between. More luxury then the american muscle cars, not quite as much as the germans though. A bit more performance then the germans, but not quite as much as the american muscle cars.

For the people that don't think the RSX has a nice interior. I think you're missing the point of the interior. The beauty is in it's simplicity. When you drive the car, you don't have to look down, to operate any of the ****pits features. Everything is right where you would put it if you had to design it yourself. You can change the climate control, the radio, and not even have to look down, in fact you don't have to lean to the side or reach over for anything, because everything is tilted towards the driver.

Now it's time for me to admit something. I was wrong. The RSX is not a better car then the C230. Neither, is the C230 better then the RSX. They're just different. They both have their pro's and con's. They're both great cars. In fact I'm starting to like the C230. Right now, since I live in Connecticut, I'd go with RSX so I can have fun driving down my favorite roads, once I end up moving to New York City after college, I'd probably go with the C230. I'd rather be behind C230's wheel in the stop and go driving hell that is the Big Apple.
Old 06-22-2002, 09:19 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
woa...i think i definitely missed the party in here...only gone for a few days and some idiot kick down our door?!...

how the hell did he compare two cars from two different catagories. RSX is a fine car compare to the golf, focus, hyundai coupe, and maybe the Beetle, but it holds nothing against the C230 coupe. i don't think there are anyother cars that are in the same catagory as the C-coupe. IMO RSX is only a car that will save you money on the gas because once the warranty expires any Japanese car will fall apart.
Old 06-22-2002, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32 AMG
Originally posted by FrankW
...because once the warranty expires any Japanese car will fall apart.
That is going too far. German cars have not met Japanese reliability as of yet.
Old 06-22-2002, 11:38 PM
Almost a Member!

woa...i think i definitely missed the party in here...only gone for a few days and some idiot kick down our door?!...

how the hell did he compare two cars from two different catagories.

Three things...
1) This "idiot" thinks that "catagories" is spelled "categories."
2) I would consider two cars that are both hatchbacks, that are both two door cars, that both start in the 20's to be in the same category. If they aren't in the same category, then why do they get compared so often?
3) You're one lucky punk. I'm the same age as you, and my parents gave me a 97 Acura Cl, and I thought I was lucky. You got my dream car, and you can't even legally buy alcohol. I don't know if your parents gave it to you, but I would assume so unless you came straight out of highschool into a pro sport, or you're a rapper or something.
Old 06-23-2002, 02:13 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally posted by JustinTRW

That is going too far. German cars have not met Japanese reliability as of yet.
and yeah why do i see my dad only sold his 300SEL not that long ago. he had the car from 86-97 in Taiwan. the only problem with the car was the a/c was not cold enough because of the hotter weather in Taiwan and it was easily fixed with the U.S. spec sensor.

if japanese car were reliable, why don't i see a lot more of them that are from 1986 on the road? consider the large number of cars that were sold.

IMO as far as reliability goes, what keeps running without problem after 10-11 yrs are more reliable.

of course the Japanese manufacturer have better reliability in recent years because they produce much more volume of cars than German or British manufacturer. i.e. it's like saying 1/1000 MB that was produced each month is lemon and 1/10000 from Toyota each month is lemon. it doesn't mean that if MB increase their production volume to 10000 units a month the number of lemon will increase to 10.
Old 06-23-2002, 02:52 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally posted by Zerostatic

Three things...
1) This "idiot" thinks that "catagories" is spelled "categories."
2) I would consider two cars that are both hatchbacks, that are both two door cars, that both start in the 20's to be in the same category. If they aren't in the same category, then why do they get compared so often?
3) You're one lucky punk. I'm the same age as you, and my parents gave me a 97 Acura Cl, and I thought I was lucky. You got my dream car, and you can't even legally buy alcohol. I don't know if your parents gave it to you, but I would assume so unless you came straight out of highschool into a pro sport, or you're a rapper or something.
three things

1. thank you for correcting my spelling error for me.

2. yes, both have two doors, both have a rear hatch, but RSX starts just few hundred over $20k and the top of the line RSX will only bring in $23k and will never pass the mid $20's mark. on the other hand the C-coupe starts at $25615 and will easily pass the $30k mark if you add some options to it. How does that make them into the same price category? i'm not sure who or what magazine are you referring to when you said "then why do they get compared so often?" maybe that you are the only one that is comparing the two because i don't think normal ppl will even think about two cars that can have the max difference of 5 grand before their purchase.

3. So what i'm a lucky punk FYI my first car was a 2000 BMW 328CI traded in and now i have to pay $30k of it myself. What does i can't even legally buy alcohol has to do with the topic that we are talking about? besides i don't drink and never will. no offense but what a waste of money to kill your brain cell. i guess that is your life style not mine.

BTW i'm not dissing RSX. RSX have great fit and finish and performance compare to other cars in the same price category.

Last edited by FrankW; 06-24-2002 at 05:19 AM.
Old 06-23-2002, 03:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 smart cabrio; 2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
golden spoon

Ahh, there now seem to be so many born with a golden spoon up their ****!

When I got my first car, guess what, I paid for it in full, it cost me a nice chunk of change for an 18 year old in 1978 - $2500 CDN, it was a 1976 Renault 5 TS.

And when I walked to school in winter (25 km), the snowdrifts were above my head, and we had newspapers for shoes.

Harrumph.

Old 06-23-2002, 08:08 AM

'05 c240 4matic wagon
Re: golden spoon

Originally posted by Mike T.
Ahh, there now seem to be so many born with a golden spoon up their ****!

When I got my first car, guess what, I paid for it in full, it cost me a nice chunk of change for an 18 year old in 1978 - $2500 CDN, it was a 1976 Renault 5 TS.

And when I walked to school in winter (25 km), the snowdrifts were above my head, and we had newspapers for shoes.

Harrumph.

Hoooh, that brings back memories. Although my first car was a Renault 4 (did you have these in Canada? I saw a lot of them in Colombia.), it was followed by a Renault 5 TS. That was a lot of fun to drive, especially after climbing down from an R4.

I think Frank said it all in his last post. R.I.P, thread! Die, already.
Old 06-23-2002, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Audi S4
[B IMO RSX is only a car that will save you money on the gas because once the warranty expires any Japanese car will fall apart. [/B]
Hmmmm... our Honda Accord had a 3 year warranty but had no major mechanical problems until it was 8 years old and none since.

I think the 'Jap cars fall apart and are crappy in every way' attitude needs to stop because its nothing but bs. I personally generally like German cars better than Japanese cars, but my parents have owned many Japanese cars a couple European cars through the last 3 decades and the Japanese cars were overall much more reliable than the one German car. If German cars were more reliable than Japanese cars then why is the first 5 spots in every category on Consumer Reports held by Japanese cars? To diss Japanese cars really shows a serious lack of intelligence.
Old 06-23-2002, 01:45 PM
Almost a Member!

if japanese car were reliable, why don't i see a lot more of them that are from 1986 on the road?
Maybe it's where you live, but in my neighborhood I see so many 1980's toyota's and honda's with huge *** chrome rims that are worth more then the car, that it makes me sick, and that's coming from a japanese car fan.
Old 06-23-2002, 02:12 PM

'05 c240 4matic wagon
Alright, let's face it: this thread is alive and kickin'.
Truth be told, German automakers used to set the standards; the Japanese aspired to them, improving steadily while Deutschland seems to have fallen asleep at the wheel there for awhile, so now they're playing catch-up. I think quality used to be attributable to the country's workers' motivation and ethics, but now boils down to quality control. So much of the manufacturing process has been automated, and cars are being assembled in many parts of the world including the Americas. I'd very much like to see Mercedes-Benz again live up to the high standards they once set and that are now held by makers like Honda and Toyota. And watch out - the Koreans aren't far behind. Once they offer more appealing (classy) designs, people will start snapping them up. I think the new Tiburon is not far from the mark; it's like its designers where invoking Sergio Pininfarina.

Nothing wrong with trying to imitating greatness. Someday, you just might get there yourself. There's a lot of talent out there, which is why I'm puzzled at some of the goofy-looking designs are being signed off on. Honda's always been my favorite Far-East-designed car, which doesn't necessarily go for Acura.
What's with that cute little kiss-mouth grille on their cars? At least on the new TL, they've widened the grin a little and made the headlights meet the air inlet. That's a pretty darn handsome-looking car. Now they need to give the same treatment to the CL and we've got a winner here. Ah, but I digress...

Y'all enjoy your cars out there. You can't really lose regardless; the overall standard has risen. I've even had a blast driving a late-model Impala last year. Just glad I don't own one of those. It was like getting a pretty tasty free meal at White Castle. We know it's not gourmet haute cuisine, but...you get the idea.

So, whoever bought an RSX I'm sure is a happy camper and has done so for a good reason. So have we C-Coupe buyers, and we're mostly happy as pigs in doo-doo for having done so.
Let it rest.
Old 06-23-2002, 04:19 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by columbus
Alright, let's face it: this thread is alive and kickin'.
Truth be told, German automakers used to set the standards; the Japanese aspired to them, improving steadily while Deutschland seems to have fallen asleep at the wheel there for awhile, so now they're playing catch-up. I think quality used to be attributable to the country's workers' motivation and ethics, but now boils down to quality control. So much of the manufacturing process has been automated, and cars are being assembled in many parts of the world including the Americas. I'd very much like to see Mercedes-Benz again live up to the high standards they once set and that are now held by makers like Honda and Toyota. And watch out - the Koreans aren't far behind. Once they offer more appealing (classy) designs, people will start snapping them up. I think the new Tiburon is not far from the mark; it's like its designers where invoking Sergio Pininfarina.

Nothing wrong with trying to imitating greatness. Someday, you just might get there yourself. There's a lot of talent out there, which is why I'm puzzled at some of the goofy-looking designs are being signed off on. Honda's always been my favorite Far-East-designed car, which doesn't necessarily go for Acura.
What's with that cute little kiss-mouth grille on their cars? At least on the new TL, they've widened the grin a little and made the headlights meet the air inlet. That's a pretty darn handsome-looking car. Now they need to give the same treatment to the CL and we've got a winner here. Ah, but I digress...

Y'all enjoy your cars out there. You can't really lose regardless; the overall standard has risen. I've even had a blast driving a late-model Impala last year. Just glad I don't own one of those. It was like getting a pretty tasty free meal at White Castle. We know it's not gourmet haute cuisine, but...you get the idea.

So, whoever bought an RSX I'm sure is a happy camper and has done so for a good reason. So have we C-Coupe buyers, and we're mostly happy as pigs in doo-doo for having done so.
Let it rest.
Well stated
Old 06-23-2002, 04:28 PM
Almost a Member!

Re: Re: well...

Originally posted by TimmyC230boy

i too do like the RSX but to say its the best looking car under $40K yeah, OK, Sure pal?
When exactly did I say it was the best looking car under $40K?
Old 06-23-2002, 04:32 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by Buellwinkle
I can't even imagine looking at any Acura, you don't get free car washes!
If you really loved your car, the only person washing it would be you. At least that's the way I am. I've had 4 cars, and the only one that I ever bought to a car wash was the first one, and that was because it was a POS.
Old 06-23-2002, 04:38 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by SB-ziV
Oh and one fact. CL 3.0 is just as fast (or as slow) as C230k even tho it's an automatic.
Thanks for saying that, I felt like saying it but I didn't want to open up a whole new can of worms.
Old 06-23-2002, 04:50 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by dasMafia
he's in college... dude, any kid on campus has 4 goals in life (in no particular order):

1. get laid
2. drink
3. not flunk out
4. get laid again
lol, you're so right.
Old 06-23-2002, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
This thread is bigger than the picture thread, lol .

Last edited by Accord; 06-23-2002 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-23-2002, 05:44 PM

2002 C230K
wow, does this thread come in paperback?
Old 06-23-2002, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
lmao .
Old 06-23-2002, 08:08 PM

2002 C230k
Originally posted by Zerostatic
If you really loved your car, the only person washing it would be you. At least that's the way I am. I've had 4 cars, and the only one that I ever bought to a car wash was the first one, and that was because it was a POS.
Am I the only one who's reminded of the infamous Autoweek cover with the picture of the Testarossa emerging from a car wash? (Probably, I'm guessing many people here couldn't even read yet when that issue came out?)

They got a bunch of hate mail from Ferarri fans vilifying them for subjecting such a sacred auto to such barbaric treatment. The owners claimed they would NEVER expose their cars to such abuse.

autoweek printed some of the letters, then added this little bit of info: The shot was taken at the factory, and, so the story goes, if you own a Testarossa (or any other Ferarrai of the era) it's been through it.
Old 06-24-2002, 12:23 AM

'02 c230 coupe
I didn't want to reply to this thread, but after seeing everyone else respond, i feel obligated.

In my opinion, which has a very high price tag, the difference in these two cars goes far beyond side by side comparisons. The c230 coupe is targeted towards young professionals-not the first time a car manufactuer has done this, we have seen cars such as the 318ti and the 190E. The people who bought these cars new in their mid twenties, now have moved on to bigger more expensize benzs and bimmers and have climbed the corporate ladder much quicker than the norm.

The mid twenty year olds who bought integras and celicas ten years ago, still drive cars in the same price bracket, at least from what i see, and have not really moved up in the world.

So, zero, lets start up a forum in ten years where i can tell you how nice it is to drive a 2012 CL 600 (hope they still make them then), and how much better it is than your new entry level acura
Old 06-24-2002, 10:54 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by TNat
So, zero, lets start up a forum in ten years where i can tell you how nice it is to drive a 2012 CL 600 (hope they still make them then), and how much better it is than your new entry level acura
Haha. You sound so stuck up it's funny. I'm majoring in Computer Science and Engineering, which is sort of a double major of Computer Science and Computer Engineering. Meaning I can basically do just about anything in any computer field. Average pay for someone with 6 years of expierence in NYC is going to be around 100K 10 years from now. The girl that is going to be my wife is going to be a Nursing Practitioner (one step below a doctor), and she'll be making about the same as me. That's about 200K a year. If you want to contact me 10 years from now to tell me how successful you are and how nice your car is go ahead. By the way. My parents have gotten into investing in realestate and in 5 years they have amassed about $800,000 in property. They aren't slowing down either. Guess who's going to inherit all of that?
Old 06-24-2002, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Zerostatic, when you posted here you were ASKING for people to flame you. Secondly, you have nothing to prove to us. Nobody cares who your wife is or how much money you make. Bear in mind, this is a Mercedes-Benz forum, and 100k a year is pocket change to some of our members, nothing impressive, nor does anyone care. If you want to brag about things that are not very impressive, you may do so on another forum.
Old 06-24-2002, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

dammit accord.. i was gonna quote your line of closing the thread and you took it out too soon....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.33 average.

Quick Reply: Acura RSX is way better