C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

How do you reset the trip computer???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 12:30 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230k
How do you reset the trip computer???

I tried reading the manual (Good God is all I can say!!) LOL

Can someone give me a blow by blow description??

Thanks,

Laura

Orion Blue, Oyster Cloth, C2, Teleaid (didn't activate it though),
CD Changer, automatic
Old 06-18-2002, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 VW GTI
push down the dimmer knob on the left of the console for a few seconds.

does anyone know what the difference between "after reset" and "after start" is? what does each measure? which one should you reset when you fill up with gas?
Old 06-18-2002, 01:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 smart cabrio; 2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
Reset/Start

After Start is independent of the driver - you can reset it, but it also resets itself according to the rules described in the owner's manual.

After Reset is sort of a version of the trip odometer - it will never reset itself - I use it to reset the computer every time the tank is filled, in order to monitor fuel economy from tank to tank.

Then there's the REAL trip odometer, which of course has to be reset manually, independently of the After Reset one. Well, maybe in a navigation rally it'd be useful to have three odometers...sort of a modern Halda Twinmaster...
Old 06-18-2002, 09:06 AM

2002 c230k
Use 'after reset' for the tank of gas and 'after start' for daily averages. The left button on the dash resets them both. With the key in position one push and hold for three seconds to reset the 'after reset' while at the gas station. At any time you can reset the 'after start' the same way.
Old 06-18-2002, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
Here is some more detail:

AFTER START means just that, after you start the vehicle. If you shut off the car for 4 hours, it will automatically reset. If you take several trips, with < 4 hours shutoff time between each trip, it will accumulate. You can reset it anytime by pressing the reset button on the dash while displaying the AFTER START window.

AFTER RESET continues to accumulate the data until you reset it! However, it will reset by itself when some max value is reached (not sure what that is right now). Again, to reset, press the reset button while displaying AFTER RESET screen.

For gas mileage checking, you need to use AFTER RESET to retain the data beyond 4 hours.
Old 06-18-2002, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 VW GTI
thanks everyone -- very helpful
Old 07-30-2010, 03:33 PM

2014 C200 w204
AFTER RESET TRIP COMPUTER

Originally Posted by MarkL
Here is some more detail:

AFTER START means just that, after you start the vehicle. If you shut off the car for 4 hours, it will automatically reset. If you take several trips, with < 4 hours shutoff time between each trip, it will accumulate. You can reset it anytime by pressing the reset button on the dash while displaying the AFTER START window.

AFTER RESET continues to accumulate the data until you reset it! However, it will reset by itself when some max value is reached (not sure what that is right now). Again, to reset, press the reset button while displaying AFTER RESET screen.

For gas mileage checking, you need to use AFTER RESET to retain the data beyond 4 hours.
Why my w203 c200 kompressor ALWAYS RESET IT SELF EVERY DAY ???
Old 12-15-2010, 11:19 PM

2002 C230k Hatch
Sorry for bump

After searching a while, I am unable to find any help on this issue:

2002 C230k Hatch, the FSS Trip computer titled "After Reset" will automatically reset itself periodically. It then mirrors the "After Start" screen. I know how the After Reset is supposed to work, as I have used it to calculate mileage per tank. However, it was slightly more optimistic than me doing the manual odometer reset divided by gallons required for a full fill up.

The trip computer is one of the coolest things about this car, I am kind of sad its starting to break like this.

Anyone else see this issue? I didnt want to start a new thread for it

-Conan