C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Mercedes Error in my favor?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2005 | 12:46 PM
Almost a Member!

Mercedes Error in my favor?

If one looks at the option packages on the C class sport sedans, it clearly states that the sunroof package includes the homelink garage door opener, autodimming mirrors, rain-sensing wipers and sunshade as well.

I really didn't want the sunroof, which was one of the main reasons I special ordered my car. I never used the roofs on any of my other cars, so the extra 70 pounds, chassis flex, loss of 3" headroom and possible problems down the road didn't seem like it was a good choice for me. However I really wanted the garage door opener which I imagined I would have to buy and install myself.

When I picked up my car I noticed that it did come with the opener, autodimming mirrors and rain-sensing wipers. It seems that this is an error in my favor. Does anybody else not have the sunroof package and have these installed? Also is there an easy way to put that auto sunscreen in? Its kind of worthless but its still a cool gadjet to have.
Old 04-22-2005 | 01:28 PM

2019 CLS
Originally Posted by Young Doc
Also is there an easy way to put that auto sunscreen in?
Yes..black mesh and 4 suction cups..

Otherwise you would need get the parts from MB, run the wiring, change out the center console button, and more then likely change out the rear cover to house the sunscreen....Unless you like to waste money or your name is Sunman...it's not worth it..IMO..
Old 04-22-2005 | 04:51 PM

ya some one like me.. for some reason i hate sunroofs. never liked them dont know why. i dont have a sunroof, and not get those buttons but i did get a 6 disk in the car that was not listed as an option or any were on any form with the car. so that was a cool thing.
Old 04-22-2005 | 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BANNED
I could not live without a sunroof. I can't understand why you would not want a little sun and air in nice weather. I am 6'2" 210 lbs. and NO problems with roof height or interior room.
Old 04-27-2005 | 12:38 PM
jsr

N/A
I think they sometimes include options that you dont order just because it is easier/cheaper to do so.

When I ordered a CLK, I ordered everything but the ski sack. Sure enough the ski sack was there when I got it.
Old 04-27-2005 | 05:24 PM

2002 C32
Originally Posted by tyro
I could not live without a sunroof. I can't understand why you would not want a little sun and air in nice weather. I am 6'2" 210 lbs. and NO problems with roof height or interior room.
I'm 6'5" and to be honest would rather have the headroom than the sunroof but it came with the car......