C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

My C230 Took a Nasty Hit (pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by vadim
To all of you asking for parts from Fangs' car: cut this as once! This is ****ing unethical, don't you understand? If/when he decides to offer the parts for sale, don't you think he would post it here?

Old 04-28-2005, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
To all of you asking for parts from Fangs' car: cut this as once! This is ****ing unethical, don't you understand? If/when he decides to offer the parts for sale, don't you think he would post it here?
double
Old 04-28-2005, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
excites your girlfriend
Originally Posted by Saprissa
double
triptuple
Old 04-29-2005, 03:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 coupe 2003, 2014 GLK350, 2020 GLC63

Now, as for the door damage and passenger compartment intrusion - this actually looks pretty bad. In fact, it is much worse than any picture with a result of a side impact test that I have seen.

I would inform DaimlerChrysler about this and the collapsed seat.
agreed. that side impact looks pretty bad. i'm just glad you and your gf are ok.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
Now, as for the door damage and passenger compartment intrusion - this actually looks pretty bad. In fact, it is much worse than any picture with a result of a side impact test that I have seen.
It looks worse because it appears that the Acura hit the center of the front door with one if it's front corner's rather than a wider strike of the entire bumper against both doors, like you see on the car crashtest videos.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:52 AM

2014 E350 4Matic Sport Sedan
Thanks for the support Vadim!
Just so you all know, if the car does get totalled, my insurance company is going to pay off the bank and the car will be picked up by a salvage company. I will not be allowed to strip any parts off!!

However, when I did go to clean up the car, I removed the all season mats that my dealer gave me for free when I got the car, the regular mats that I left in the trunk, the first aid kit, and the MB Cd case.

I find out on Tuesday next week if they are going to total the car or repair it! I'm going to be begging my insurance company to just go ahead and total it so I can get into a new car.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:51 AM

Dude, I feel for you~! Car accidents are serious business, and I'm thankful that you and your gf are both well. Kudos to the great construction of the Benz also! As for the rear-seat airbag issue... I was in an accident, similar to yours, and I was sitting in the back seat. Unfortunately, our car had no rear seat airbag, and our accident occured on the expressway. Upon impact, the door intruded into my seat and tore/broke my arm off at the elbow becuase there was insufficient padding between the door and my body. I recall waking-up extremly thirsty and feeling my pants warm and wet. When I looked down, I realized that I was sitting in a pool of my own blood. Much thanks to modern medicine, the doctors reattached my arm and hand, and desipte some deformation and numbness, I have full use of my arm.

I do not mean to down play the severity of your accident, but as to the rear-seat airbag issue, they should remain as standard equiptment! Rear seat weight sensors should be used to dectect baby seats or smaller/lighter people, which would deactivate those bags if necessary. They are used up front, so why not in back??
Old 04-29-2005, 12:16 PM

2002 C230K Coupe & 2005 C230 SS
Originally Posted by Fangs
Thanks for the support Vadim!
Just so you all know, if the car does get totalled, my insurance company is going to pay off the bank and the car will be picked up by a salvage company. I will not be allowed to strip any parts off!!

I find out on Tuesday next week if they are going to total the car or repair it! I'm going to be begging my insurance company to just go ahead and total it so I can get into a new car.
If they total your car, which looking at it my guess they will, will your insurance will pay off the bank or will they give you a check for the value to replace the car and you pay off the bank?

If the car is leased then they will probably pay off the bank since they really own the car and you will loose whatever cap reduction you made when you arranged the lease.

However, if you bought the car through a bank then I would try and negotiate a replacement payment, rather than just paying off the money still outstanding on the loan to the bank.

Either way if you are out of pocket I do think it is justifiable to try and recover that money from the other person.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Guest0001

Originally Posted by dshinn28
I was in an accident, similar to yours, and I was sitting in the back seat. Unfortunately, our car had no rear seat airbag, and our accident occured on the expressway. Upon impact, the door intruded into my seat and tore/broke my arm off at the elbow becuase there was insufficient padding between the door and my body. I recall waking-up extremly thirsty and feeling my pants warm and wet. When I looked down, I realized that I was sitting in a pool of my own blood. Much thanks to modern medicine, the doctors reattached my arm and hand, and desipte some deformation and numbness, I have full use of my arm.
Wow I Dont even want to imagine what you went through.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
Dude, I feel for you~! Car accidents are serious business, and I'm thankful that you and your gf are both well. Kudos to the great construction of the Benz also! As for the rear-seat airbag issue... I was in an accident, similar to yours, and I was sitting in the back seat. Unfortunately, our car had no rear seat airbag, and our accident occured on the expressway. Upon impact, the door intruded into my seat and tore/broke my arm off at the elbow becuase there was insufficient padding between the door and my body. I recall waking-up extremly thirsty and feeling my pants warm and wet. When I looked down, I realized that I was sitting in a pool of my own blood. Much thanks to modern medicine, the doctors reattached my arm and hand, and desipte some deformation and numbness, I have full use of my arm.

I do not mean to down play the severity of your accident, but as to the rear-seat airbag issue, they should remain as standard equiptment! Rear seat weight sensors should be used to dectect baby seats or smaller/lighter people, which would deactivate those bags if necessary. They are used up front, so why not in back??
wow i'm speechless
Old 04-29-2005, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E350 Iridium Silver with pano

Wow, now that's what I call a nasty hit! Glad that modern medicine and physical therapy brought back full use of your arm.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:35 AM
Banned

Whats the update on your car. By the way you had the right of way.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:32 PM

C230K
Sorry for your loss!!!! That really sucks...2100 miles/3 months in the taking! But, surely glad you and your girlfriend are in good health!

-Isla
Old 05-06-2005, 01:50 PM

The car's officially totalled and my insurance company is going to be writing it off. So am in the market for a new car again...looking at an 05 Cadillac CTS-V or an 05 Escalade. Since I work for a GM company, I get awesome discounts on GM cars. If it doesn't work out with the Caddies, will be back in a Benz.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:03 PM
Banned

Man do yourself the favor stick with the Benz
Old 05-06-2005, 03:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 G63 AMG, 2019 G550
Fang, what do you do for GM?
Old 05-06-2005, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by C240-Merc
Fang, what do you do for GM?
I work at GMAC Commercial Mortgage, GM is our parent company. I work at the corp HQ for GMACCM and am an AVP of Project Management in corporate IT. When it comes to GM cars, we pay cost price...which is significantally lower then the dealer price. If any of you are in the market for a GM vehicle, let me know.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:16 AM

2005 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, 2004.5 C230 Sport Sedan, 2005 E320 CDI, 2008 C300 4-Matic Luxury
Originally Posted by Fangs
The car's officially totalled and my insurance company is going to be writing it off. So am in the market for a new car again...looking at an 05 Cadillac CTS-V or an 05 Escalade. Since I work for a GM company, I get awesome discounts on GM cars. If it doesn't work out with the Caddies, will be back in a Benz.
i've recently seen two CTS-Vs on the road, one of them just today in fact the one i saw today was black with black/dark rims on it. this car stands out quite a bit more than the normal CTS, i think it's a fantastic car and i personally love it