C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

I have an Announcement to Make

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
excites your girlfriend
ok, you guys are not even understanding me here. C55 = 15 miles per gallon and heavy as a boat anchor plus $60k bloated cost!@!!!
f that. i'll pay half that then spend only a few thousand in mods and make it somewhere between a C32 and C55 in performance, cup kit, sways, braces, etc.
its only a matter of time.
i will post the videos for all you haters that like to hate the c230 because it costed $6k less then your C320, $12k less than your C32 and $30,000 less than your C55. just wait.
videos will come.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 CLS
Originally Posted by ctC230K
ok, you guys are not even understanding me here. C55 = 15 miles per gallon and heavy as a boat anchor plus $60k bloated cost!@!!!
f that. i'll pay half that then spend only a few thousand in mods and make it somewhere between a C32 and C55 in performance, cup kit, sways, braces, etc.
its only a matter of time.

Your funny grasshopper..

Your worried about MPG but would spend thousands on mods ??...BTW as your increase power your MPG will also go down in your 230..so this point is mute..

You will not even net half the power the C32/C55 does for a "few thousand." And this is just with straight engine mods, not even getting into the handling, susp, dept.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
Originally Posted by respdoc
Your funny grasshopper..

Your worried about MPG but would spend thousands on mods ??...BTW as your increase power your MPG will also go down in your 230..so this point is mute..

You will not even net half the power the C32/C55 does for a "few thousand." And this is just with straight engine mods, not even getting into the handling, susp, dept.
ok bud. check www.icsperformance.com and when you're done you will understand those guys.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
Originally Posted by mick1
he'll be more confused when he searches the internet looking for information on a mercedes C23
exactly! in NYC people think the C23 is a special import from Germany.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:59 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bantha
Your funny grasshopper..

Shh....he's listening to voices in his head.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:09 PM

2019 CLS
ok bud. check www.icsperformance.com and when you're done you will understand those guys.

Ok..what I see is looks to be a half completed website showing a run of the mill tuner shop.

If your point it to say can be done?..I agree...my point is if you want to play your going to have to pay and a lot more then I think you realize..
Old 05-04-2005, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32 AMG
ctC230k,

I will be at work from 8-12:30pm. you can stop by anytime to check out my C32. Ive heard good things from George at ICS performance.

Ronnie
Old 05-04-2005, 05:12 PM
Almost a Member!

Why are you guys raining on ct's parade? Its not unreasonable to get great performance out of stock forced induction engines. Let him mod - if he is successful we all benefit.

Respdoc - next time you try to make fun of someone, use proper English. I believe the word you were looking for was "moot" not "mute". Don't limit your vocabulary to the words on your remote control.

I hope the attitude of a few dissenters does not extinguish the ideas of those dreamers, liners and crackpots whose idea have changed the world we live in.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:31 PM

2019 CLS
Originally Posted by Young Doc

Respdoc - next time you try to make fun of someone, use proper English. I believe the word you were looking for was "moot" not "mute". Don't limit your vocabulary to the words on your remote control.

simple spelling mistake.....not any worse then your lame one liner.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:47 PM

2019 CLS

I hope the attitude of a few dissenters does not extinguish the ideas of those dreamers, liners and crackpots whose idea have changed the world we live in.

Another thing since your into proper English noob,

your second "idea" needs an s
Old 05-04-2005, 06:17 PM

CT

some advice ...take or ignore.

1- if you spend alot of money on bolt ons, you won't make as much hp as you will with a turbo kit, or getting a something like a vortech 350hp capable supercharger fitted to your stock pulley system

2- if you always pay somebody else (ICS) to do your mods you will waste a TON of cash on installs, you won't ever be able to figure out what's wrong with your car when things go wrong (and eventually they will), and you won't learn a damn thing about mechanics

3- hp does not add up linearly because it doesn't occur at the same RPM. I highly advise that you drop Road and Track and car and driver (great magaziens but will teach you nothing about modifications) and start reading turbo magazine's dyno cell, import tuner's power pages , and sport compact car's build up sessions.

Further more , spend a good amount of time reading about people's buildups and dyno's on something like www.honda-tech.com and you'll start to get a better grasp of why you may be short in your hp if you just go for the bolt ons you listed.

4- nitrous will help you alot... enriches the mixture, reduce intake air temps, quick and easy to install , simple to use.

5- water injection can help you too... you can get some custom pullies, and really crank that boost, and the water/alky mix can make up for your high intake air temps and lack of octane.

6- your stock dyno looks lean to me. and you have a dip in your power delivery , is that a missfire ...

7- The stock exhaust on the C230 is adequatly sized for your hp. I'd suggest headers but the rest of the piping you can keep stock. Don't know how restrictive the stock muffler is but the piping itself is larger than you need for your power output.

just some ideas that popped up reading your post.

and yes usually it is better to just go ahead and buy the car you want from the get go... you get a better package and better longevity (especially if you're going to trust somebody else on messing with your car). ..

ps a BMW tuner does not necassarily know jack about Benz
and neither do i, because i'm primarily a toyota 5sfe/3sge guy
Old 05-04-2005, 06:27 PM
Almost a Member!

Another thing since your into proper English noob,

your second "idea" needs an s
Obviously a typing error - but you have been going around saying "mute point" for the last several years while people laugh at what a jackass you are.

How can you call "mute" a spelling error - the words "moot" and "mute" are pronounced differently. Don't worry, I've heard several uneducated people say "mute point" in the past - so you are not alone.

Don't even try to say its a typo, you would be the first person (persun?) in history to hit the "u" instead of the "o".

Last edited by Young Doc; 05-04-2005 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
i will be at ICS tonight and probably every weeknight this week.

Then you should have plenty of time to dyno the car with the OEM filter, like you said your were going to do. How long does it take to exchange an air filter on a car w/ the hood already up? Otherwise, there is zero OBJECTIVE proof that the K&N did anything for performance. Nothing personal, but you're "opinion" of what the filter did is meaningless.

Maybe I'll install one of those metal "Tornado" things in the air intake and "claim" it gives me 10HP?
Old 05-04-2005, 07:05 PM

2019 CLS

How can you call "mute" a spelling error

simple spelling mistake

Idiot, you can't even quote me right..
Old 05-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
woah, it looks like the "docs" are fighting... can't we all just get along?
Old 05-04-2005, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C230SS 6MT, 1966 Triumph TR4a IRS, Shelby Cobra 427 Supercharged
Originally Posted by nlpamg
So much for a second opinion huh?!!! Can we have a new sticky thread called "Cat fights"... I think it would be entertaining to read and wouldnt clutter up other threads...

Anyways, while yes it is easier to mod an already fast car, at least for me it is not quite as much fun. Im an engineering student, I plan on going for automotive engineering, and find it so much more fun because of the challenge of taking a slow/not so quick car and making it peppier. And I dont mean hondas, cause thats already been done. All it takes is money and a true grease monkey. Now trying to get a C230 fast is a real challenge and requires some thinking... Props to Speedwerx for successfully taking this challenge on! You'll all see, one day when I get some extra money Ill have my 10 second E-250! Yes thats right! A 10 second Ford Econoline!!!

-edit-
Sorry! My post really has nothing to do with anything!!! Please disregard!!!
Thank You, Have a pleasnt evening!
Old 05-04-2005, 08:12 PM

[B]...while keeping the warranty valid...

i'm 100% with you CT, you seem like a cool guy... but the only thing i cant figure out is how you are going to keep the stock warranty valid.

exhast = voided warranty on anything exhast related(hangers, cat, mounts, even where the header attaches to the motor)

Pully= Voided supercharger, as well depending on the dealer my try and void anything related to the motor if it fails. all they have to say is the extra stress on the motor due to an aftermarket supercharger pully. you will have a hard time proving otherwise.

Chip = this is a depends on the dealer.. if something computer related goes to hell (like my SRS failing, or my auto up not working, or my AC shutting off on its own) and they see you have a chip. they can say some one tampered with the computer and not warranty it.

the only way around it is if something does go bad, swap every thing to stock and deny deny deny lol
Old 05-04-2005, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
Originally Posted by nlpamg
A few years ago I saw this one news story on cnn about how people in upper management could not write so well in the e-mail communications. According to the cnn study, most technicians and engineers could write very well but the managers and directors would have problem doing this task.

maybe one of the docs is a big shot at some company
Old 05-04-2005, 09:27 PM

2012 Cls 63 amg, 2006 Bmw M6
Dude just mod your little heart away, forget the haters......... even if you don't get it even close to the c32 or c55 and you get it close to 300 hp which is more feasible you would be able to say you achieved something incredible..... it's like having a C43 302 hp engine....... problem is........ It's definitely going to cost you..... but mods are done slowly and surely and right so that you minimize losses and mistakes. In the end you get a faster car regardless.

As matter of fact do you haters realize that even if he fails and gets his car to 250hp he will be able to run with the likes of the old S4 and that is definitely not a slow car surely a huuuuuuuuuggggggge improvement from 189hp
eg
powerchip or ECU chip 10-15 hp
exhaust 2-3 hp
pulley- another 10-15
nitrous- oh yeah! cheap and easy, but dangerous kinda ricer but who cares
headers- 10-15 hpW203 C-Class

Now here is the money problem example:

RENNTECH
ENGINE PERFORMANCE*
C230 Compressor 1.8L (from 2003)
Stock Horsepower: 189 @ 5800 rpm Stock Torque: 192 lbs.-ft. @ 3500 to 4000 rpm
BHP Lbs.-Ft. Total BHP Total Lbs.-ft.
Code Gain Gain @ RPM @ RPM Description Price
54 203 00 20 10 12 199 @ 5800 204 @ 3500 - 4000 ECU Performance Upgrade** 995 $

01 203 00 89 10 15 199 @ 5800 207 @ 3500 - 4000 Performance Upgrade 2
Larger Crankshaft
Pulley Kit 1,195 $

01 203 00 88 20 27 209 @ 5500 219 @ 3500 - 4000 Performance Package 2
ECU Performance Upgrade**
& Larger Crankshaft Pulley Kit 1,695 $

01 203 00 87 28 33 217 @ 5800 225 @ 3500 - 4000 Performance Package 3
ECU Performance Upgrade**
& Larger Crankshaft Pulley Kit
& Sport Muffler 2,195 $

03 203 00 00 15 Performance Package 3
High Performance Camshafts 2,795 $
*** Higher horsepower Supercharger Conversions are available at additional charge.

The last line is my favorite part
Old 05-04-2005, 09:44 PM

2004 C230k (SOLD), 2005 C230k (Lease ended), 2004 Carrera 4 Cab, 2007 530i
Wow, thats something new...its nice and all to make your car go faster...abs nothing wrong with that. Now only thing I really wanna see is how to make a car with big hp but still has great mpg. It will be pretty amazing to see a 300+hp with some 24/30 mpg....I will buy it for sure...or will follow the mods...that certainly takes lot of R&D...if only possible. Good luck at your project and keep us updated
Old 05-04-2005, 10:15 PM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
Well ct, i'm curious to see how things progress. good luck and i look forward to reading your vehicles evolution
Old 05-05-2005, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
It doesn't pay to discuss any mods on this forumn because this is the place where the pussies that know everything poo poo anyone who wants to mod his or her car. The same crowd that doesn't want to risk there precious warranty, or think they know everything. Its too expensive, or the market doesn't exist for MB tuning, blah blah blah. Its a wonder anyone ever modded anything around these guys.

I fully agree that his goals are pretty out of reach, but there's no harm in adding another 20HP to a fun car. So shut the ***** up already. Eventually, after he has some fun, he'll realize that c55 performance is out of reach for decent money using the 1.8. At that point, its up to him if he wants to yank the mill and go for a C32 engine, or just replace the supercharger with 15lbs of turbo boost.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:03 AM

C 230K Coupé
That's real cool that you're modding the car out, always nice to see more cool C's. To all those people saying it will void the warranty... go read up on the forums, it's been discussed a million times. Unless MB can prove that the modifications did damage to the engine or any other parts, you're all good. Putting a pulley kit or anything does not void the warranty. It will void if the pulley kit is installed badly n messes up the engine... but according to people it's been very reliable.
Now Uhm youre numbers do seem pretty optimistic. 6-8 hp from a filter? More like 2 at the max... Pulley + Chip should give u close o 20 hp. Exhaust will give u a great sound, but i doubt it'll get over 10hp. I've been doing bunch of research on the mods, with a decent amout of budget u'll prob get the car to 250 horses.... but c55 numbers . Good luck with your project, and keep the pics coming
Old 05-05-2005, 04:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Originally Posted by r3v1ls
To all those people saying it will void the warranty... go read up on the forums, it's been discussed a million times. Unless MB can prove that the modifications did damage to the engine or any other parts, you're all good.
While true in theory, in the real world, your local dealer can at any time refuse your warranty, and it's been done. It would then be up to you to sue over it, and that's a position that I can understand that no one would want to be in.

As far as mods, here's a dyno I had done on Saturday (a Mustang dyno, so #s are real world-based, and lower than a dynojet's would be):

I've only got a Renntech pulley, ITG filter, and Eisenmann catback. Will re-chip it, but wanted to show where my M111 is currently.

I really don't think that people have been too harsh on ct, honestly.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
Originally Posted by nuclearhappines
CT

some advice ...take or ignore.

1- if you spend alot of money on bolt ons, you won't make as much hp as you will with a turbo kit, or getting a something like a vortech 350hp capable supercharger fitted to your stock pulley system

2- if you always pay somebody else (ICS) to do your mods you will waste a TON of cash on installs, you won't ever be able to figure out what's wrong with your car when things go wrong (and eventually they will), and you won't learn a damn thing about mechanics

3- hp does not add up linearly because it doesn't occur at the same RPM. I highly advise that you drop Road and Track and car and driver (great magaziens but will teach you nothing about modifications) and start reading turbo magazine's dyno cell, import tuner's power pages , and sport compact car's build up sessions.

Further more , spend a good amount of time reading about people's buildups and dyno's on something like www.honda-tech.com and you'll start to get a better grasp of why you may be short in your hp if you just go for the bolt ons you listed.

4- nitrous will help you alot... enriches the mixture, reduce intake air temps, quick and easy to install , simple to use.

5- water injection can help you too... you can get some custom pullies, and really crank that boost, and the water/alky mix can make up for your high intake air temps and lack of octane.

6- your stock dyno looks lean to me. and you have a dip in your power delivery , is that a missfire ...

7- The stock exhaust on the C230 is adequatly sized for your hp. I'd suggest headers but the rest of the piping you can keep stock. Don't know how restrictive the stock muffler is but the piping itself is larger than you need for your power output.

just some ideas that popped up reading your post.

and yes usually it is better to just go ahead and buy the car you want from the get go... you get a better package and better longevity (especially if you're going to trust somebody else on messing with your car). ..

ps a BMW tuner does not necassarily know jack about Benz
and neither do i, because i'm primarily a toyota 5sfe/3sge guy
thanks for the advice. i will check up on most of that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I have an Announcement to Make