C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

What does everyone think of the new bmw 3?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 10:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by delbomber
You're right...only the contour, shape, size, wheel-base, trim, pillars, and rims are the same....what was I thinking?

Oh, I see now, gas tanks are on opposite sides, these two are worthy of distinction!
Your right, they both have four doors, both rims are blurred by motion. Man I can go on and on.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 C230wz 6M
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Your right, they both have four doors, both rims are blurred by motion. Man I can go on and on.
You don't see striking similarities in these cars? Come on. You find me two cars by two completely independent makers that look this similar and I'll mail you a check for a dollar.

Of course they are discernible from one another, relax...people often exxagerate to make a point. I figured most people would get that. Regardless, they look way more alike than any two cars for this amount of money have the right...

THe point is that major common styling cues are being incorporated into many different carmaker's designs these days. They're saturating the design landscape and making the luxury/luxury-sport sedan segment bland.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Pontiac GTO + BMW E60

The only closeness I see is because of the color, honestly. I might as well say the C-Class and the S-Class look similair too because .. well they do! Or the CLK W208 and the E-Class W210. However, that doesn't go for your independent part.

Maybe it's because I'm a Lexus fanboy, that might be why the GS looks a lot more different to me then the Infiniti.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
excites your girlfriend
Ugh...the iDrive is so expensive...for that matter, all bmw options are...when all is said and done, a 325 costs 40k...and at that point, why not just go with a C350??

I think the old Bimmers are beautiful...but they're more played out than Paris Hilton...with the new ones, why pay so much when a practically identical looking, fully loaded TL could be had for 10-15k less than a 330 ....ok, RWD, but otherwise...
yeah man, screw BMW's, i am starting to hate them now because of the Bangleized cars and the horrible dealerships... everything is an option, nothing is standard, it's so lame. i'd choose any benz even a c240 over an overpriced bimmer from a ****ty stealership

Last edited by ctC230K; 05-17-2005 at 11:32 PM.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:01 AM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
new 330 really grew on me. I'm loving it now, given the right color. must be a real blast to drive
Old 05-18-2005, 12:40 AM
Guest0001

Beautiful shots
Attached Thumbnails What does everyone think of the new bmw 3?-bmw3.jpg   What does everyone think of the new bmw 3?-bmw32.jpg  
Old 05-18-2005, 12:42 AM
Guest0001

Angel Eyes!
Attached Thumbnails What does everyone think of the new bmw 3?-bmw33.jpg  
Old 05-18-2005, 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
T

COME ON!! Which is which!?
See how pathetic asian styling is? Lets copy each other. And neither car is a real looker. The lexus styling is just pressed and pleated version of there earlier look. Of all the asian makes, only Infinity has *SOME* unique(not allways attractive either, but they are distinct) shapes. Obviously, the Fuga...er, M, isn't one of them.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:28 PM

05 C230wz 6M
Originally Posted by Outland
See how pathetic asian styling is? Lets copy each other. And neither car is a real looker. The lexus styling is just pressed and pleated version of there earlier look. Of all the asian makes, only Infinity has *SOME* unique(not allways attractive either, but they are distinct) shapes. Obviously, the Fuga...er, M, isn't one of them.
I'm a bit partial when it comes to the G35, with just trading it in and all (power, unique look, REAL leather ), but the M just looks like a G on roids. The old M45 and the G sedan--the heralded Skyline import--were probably the least Japanese looking Japanese cars, but the G there are 5 G's on every street now and the original M flopped.

The masses, not the enthusiasts, are driving these design decisions. Hell, white zinfandel is the best selling wine "style" and Budweiser holds the top two spots in the American beer market, so there's no accounting for taste.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
i like the G20's

Old 05-18-2005, 11:51 PM

05 C230wz 6M
Originally Posted by ctC230K
i like the G20's

Ha, G20 was a POS. Like it or not, the G35 is the car that put power back on the map in this class.

Stop giving me excuses to be nostalgiac!
Old 05-19-2005, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
Ha, G20 was a POS. Like it or not, the G35 is the car that put power back on the map in this class.

Stop giving me excuses to be nostalgiac!
G35 ? How about WRX STI and Lancer Evolution IX
Old 05-19-2005, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
lately i've seen a lot of G20's on the road, what's the deal with that?? are they popular cars? they look great, remind me of the e46 3 series from the rear. how slow are they?
Old 05-19-2005, 12:08 AM

05 C230wz 6M
Originally Posted by mick1
G35 ? How about WRX STI and Lancer Evolution IX
Lol, how many people on this board would be caught dead in one of those?
Old 05-19-2005, 12:13 AM

05 C230wz 6M
Originally Posted by ctC230K
lately i've seen a lot of G20's on the road, what's the deal with that?? are they popular cars? they look great, remind me of the e46 3 series from the rear. how slow are they?
Really? I never really see 'em anymore. They were re-badged, even blander (is that a word?), Altimas before Nissan went nuts and added the same engine to every car. Infiniti was a disgrace and failure before its current generation lineup.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
that bad eh ? I watched the video clips at edmunds.com. they had nice things to say about those cars
Old 05-19-2005, 12:33 AM

05 C230wz 6M
Originally Posted by mick1
that bad eh ? I watched the video clips at edmunds.com. they had nice things to say about those cars
well, they're fast, no denying that. Geez, do they even come with power windows? Is that considered the ultra-luxury trim level???? Kidding, kidding... :v

Those cars are like Big Macs in a filet mignon world. Yeah they'll fill you up more for a cheaper price, but which would you serve to guests? Ok, that was a bad one...time for bed.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Really? I never really see 'em anymore. They were re-badged, even blander (is that a word?), Altimas before Nissan went nuts and added the same engine to every car. Infiniti was a disgrace and failure before its current generation lineup.
The G35 saved the Infinity brand name. Infinity had been losing money since day one. I don't much care for the sedan, but the coupe is nice looking car, and a great performer. Interior sucks, and the car is loud inside.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
The only one that Ive ever seen in person is in Chicago. It belongs to my ex-girlfriend. Its a turd of a car. Small, slow, ugly. I'd be embarrassed to drive it.

They look better on fire.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)

I seriously considered a WRX. Loved the performance, hated the bug eyed looks. Still, there is something about the WRX that I still love. The EVO may be the better performer, but IMHO, it looks even more like a POS than the WRX does.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
yeah, all i'm saying is i like their body styling, like the rear bumper lower trim and side skirts, and the tail lights aren't bad for a jap car lol. i can't picture the front of a g20 cause they're always filled with 5 people, driving 65 in the left lane, so as soon as they move right i fly by them and don't look in the rearview
Originally Posted by Outland
The G35 saved the Infinity brand name. Infinity had been losing money since day one. I don't much care for the sedan, but the coupe is nice looking car, and a great performer. Interior sucks, and the car is loud inside.
glad i'm not the only one that thinks the G35 coupe and sedan interior SUCKS!! I like their engine's power but i've never driven one so i can't say if it's fast or not.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:06 PM

2005 Obsidian Black C230 Komp Sports Sedan, 2006 Iridium Silver ML350 SUV
i like the new 325i. i think thos are nice, the fact that it has keyless go standard and everything... and option for cruse control radar... thos are some great technologies that bmw offer to their entry level car(3 serries) the only part i dont like is that the price is too expensive. base model is 31k, and then mild loaded is about 40k, not to mention fully loaded is 46k, for 46k id def. get something else other than a 325i
Old 05-19-2005, 02:09 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 C230 Kompressor sedan
Back to the 3 series...I like the front and side.....thats about it. The rear looks too chopped off for me and the angle of the lights in the back just doesn't work in my book. Now I agree that Bangle had to play it safe with his bread and butter (3 series) and I think he did. But it just isn't as attractive as the older model is. To me the lines just don't flow the same. It really looks Japanese now.

Now for the interior....oh man where do I start! First of all the base model 3 with no upgrades will run you in the low 30's right? For that price I would think I would have an interior that looks a little better then a 90 something Nissan. It just looks too dated already, too bland and just ugghh! Now when you throw the Nav in and the wood grain it improves. But for what- 10 more grand?

Now I have always been a BMW lover, probably because my mom had a couple when I was growing up. Never had an MB. And before I got the C230 I was really looking at an 05 3 Series. Or possibly just saving for the 06'. I could be bias now that I have the MB but I really think I made the right choice. Its just more of a classy look. It doesn't look like every other joe shmoe's car out there. Seems every car is too jagged and sharp now. Mercedes has a unique look and they have mantained that well. Some might preach that MB hasn't really changed over the years. I agree to some extent but I think that is smart. Let all the other cars turn into something you cant differentiate from a Mazda. And MB has changed for the better! They didn't take a model and completely make it look "un MB like"(like the 5 or 7 series). Lets just hope the 07 C keeps the legacy of a fine car going.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:41 PM

05 C230wz 6M
Originally Posted by Kojack
Now I have always been a BMW lover, probably because my mom had a couple when I was growing up. Never had an MB. And before I got the C230 I was really looking at an 05 3 Series. Or possibly just saving for the 06'. I could be bias now that I have the MB but I really think I made the right choice. Its just more of a classy look. It doesn't look like every other joe shmoe's car out there. Seems every car is too jagged and sharp now. Mercedes has a unique look and they have mantained that well. Some might preach that MB hasn't really changed over the years. I agree to some extent but I think that is smart. Let all the other cars turn into something you cant differentiate from a Mazda. And MB has changed for the better! They didn't take a model and completely make it look "un MB like"(like the 5 or 7 series). Lets just hope the 07 C keeps the legacy of a fine car going.
Well stated. That's not to say MB doesn't make a few plain cars that are bordering on ugly, but at least none of them have an identity crisis.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Well stated. That's not to say MB doesn't make a few plain cars that are bordering on ugly, but at least none of them have an identity crisis.
I can't think of any. Even a plain benz has a certain class to it that exceeds the pimped out version of any other brand.

G waged, the Vaneo, and the old A Class were probably the wierdest- but I love that about the G. Vaneo and A aren't sold here...so really can't say how I'd feel about them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What does everyone think of the new bmw 3?