C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Another successful Chicago Trip for MBenzNL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004.5 230K
Another successful Chicago Trip for MBenzNL

Steve has completed yet another succesfful trip to Chicago for a bunch of MBenzNL installs. The weather was great except for an extreme down pour which lasted for only 30 minutes, thank goodness.

A big thanks to all the guys that made their scheduled appointments, all on time as a matter of fact. I'm sure, based on our discussions, you'll be around for Steve's next visit. Hope you are all enjoying your new mods. For the ones that missed this install due to schedule conflicts, I hope to see you on the next trip.

A another big thanks to Wally for accomodating Steve in one of your guest rooms. And to Chase for inviting us to dinner at your restaurant; great place, great food, and best of luck with the new restaurant.

As for the goodies, we had an 05 C320 (Aqeel) - practically brand new from the dealership, drove straight from LA for bi-xenons, 03 C320 (Bill) - even though he was in Vegas, his car was getting bi-xenons, power folding mirrors, & euro convex mirrors installed, 03 C320 (Chase) - for bi-xenons, E55 x2 (Eric/Marcus) - a bunch of stuff, 05 C240 (Michael) - another brand new car off the lot, this one with only 250 miles - UHI phone kit, 04 C230 SS/01 SLK230 (Wally) - a bunch of stuff, and yours truly 04 C230 SS for complete AMG bodykit.

Lucky for us, the install scheduled worked out as planned which provided us with some "free-time." So with that, we took advantage and got Steve a chance to attend a bar-b-que, some cart racing which I must say he's really good at (if you dare to challenge him), and dinner at a restaurant.

As you all know, his workmanship follows him once again. All were satisfied customers with a wish list to follow for the next visit. I swear, many of these first timer's eventually come back for a second round. For me, this has been my 4th waiting for the next as I have things lined up already.

My AMG bodykit worked out perfectly, there were no "snags" as everything fit. There were a lot more "hardware" items that were needed, so if any of you are looking at a AMG retro fit, you will want to check with Steve as to what is all required. I didn't post any picks just because my ride now looks like an updated 05 C230 SS with the exception of 18" Brabus wheels. Other than that, I was merely updating my exterior from an 04.5 exterior to a 05 exterior. However, it's all the extra stuff that screams MBenNL modifications, as you see the list below.

For all you repeat MBenzNL mod addicts, you know exactly what I mean by the list goes on.

A big thank you goes out to both Steve and Wanda; thanks for the great mods, the smooth transaction, and for the continued support of this never-ending modification craze I have for this little car. I'm not sure it will ever stop. Until next time, it was a pleasure hosting the Chicago install once again.

Take care.

...Regards, ECruz
Old 06-07-2005, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'01 C320 || '14 Honda Pilot EX-L
Erwin, glad to hear that everything went well. I am still sick that I had to miss my mod fix! Hopefully Steve will be around again soon. I can't wait to see your car when I am up there again. I have been sitting here patiently waiting on your post to hear how everything went. I would have much rather been at my appointment last Friday afternoon instead of dealing with work issues. I look forward to the next mod trip and this time I will be up the Chi-Town way.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:08 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Always good to come to chicago - thanks erwin and wallly for the hospitality.

Next time we need to get more people to go karting...

greetingz,
Old 06-13-2005, 04:31 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Nothing MB related (sorry)
It was our pleasure - as always. And Erwin, we are greatful you let Steve use your garage to work from. It's good to know that Steve has a friend there.

Wally - thanks for hosting my little brother. I hope he didn't snore! :p

I am waiting for Steve to pass on the wish list of those who want to be included next time. We will be in touch! Meanwhile: sit tight!

greetingz,

BigSis
Old 06-14-2005, 01:13 PM

2001 C320
Originally Posted by MBenzNL
Always good to come to chicago - thanks erwin and wallly for the hospitality.

Next time we need to get more people to go karting...

greetingz,
Maybe instead of carting, next time we could get some time at a track and take OUR cars out for some fun.

-Bill