C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Child Seat Installation, Can't find latches..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Child Seat Installation, Can't find latches..

Hi, I am a first time father to be and tried installing the Graco child seat on my European C200K.

However, even though the manual mentions metal latches on the back seat, I CAN'T FIND THEM. Is this an option? Am I looking for something that does not exist?

I do see two grey plastic parts under the seat behind the legs under the knee. I do not know what those are for since they are in the front and not the back of the seats. I have one pair of these on each side.

In the mean time I used the seatbelts, but I am intersted in using the latches.

Thanks

J
Old 06-18-2005, 05:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CL203
There ar in the gap between the back rests and the seat bottoms, they turn outwards, as in you pull them and they flip out towards you in a rotational manner.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not there, it is an option

Well I just found out that the ISOFIX latches on the back of the seat for Child Seat installation are an option on the European models, it can not be installed after the car is manufactured.

It is a 40 Euro option.

I will use the seatbelts then.

Thanks
J
Old 06-20-2005, 03:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Originally Posted by jdr1000
Well I just found out that the ISOFIX latches on the back of the seat for Child Seat installation are an option on the European models, it can not be installed after the car is manufactured.

It is a 40 Euro option.

I will use the seatbelts then.

Thanks
J
The seatbelt should work fine. I have the latches, but use the seatbelt because it works better. Once the seatbelt is latched, put your knee into the seat with all of your weight. Pull the belt all the way out, and then let it in. Pull tight on the latch so as much goes back as possible. Should be a nice snug fit.

I'm assuming that the Euro MBs have the locking seatbelts (when you pull them all the way out) like the US ones do. If not, then you will need a locking device which IMO is a pain in the A$$ to work with.