C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Nikon D70 DSLR: First Pix of many to come from this camera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LorinserCClass
YEAH I am! I just got smart and stopped buying GSM phones and parts for my car so I could save for my SLR! I've been wanting one for so long. Like NO_WURE said, the regular digi cams just don't cut it anymore.
Hey Enri,

Since you just got that camera you should go to the Socal Benz Photoshoot! Bring that camera and start taking pictures! You can also practice your pic taking skills!
Old 09-06-2005, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1951 Caterpiller D6
Originally Posted by CE750
D70 is a great camera.. it actually has better image than my D2.. if it just had the shutter speed for that price!
How is the D2 picture lacking? Are there defects or is it merely the lower pixel count? I have the D70, D100 and have been playing with a "loaner" D2X which is unbelievable but heavy. However, I'm still waiting for the D200 anouncement to come before I decide which one to buy.

The Rebel is a decent camera and compares to the Nikon D50 and somewhat to the D70 as well. Both are lightweight (plastic instead of magnesium) and fully automatic. Nothing wrong with that but too light a camera will not be as stable with a big lens for handheld shots. Forces you to a mono or tripod.

The D70 and D70s are amost exactly the same camera. The latter no longer includes the disposable battery adapter, increased the LCD .2" and added a wired remote connector. They claim there are improvements in AF and flash metering but none of the pros/semi-pros I know can tell the difference.

Any camera can take good pictures if the subject is properly composed. As many have pointed out, the sun is a killer if it at the wrong angle and shade doesn't always bring out the right colors. Take your shots early in the morning or late in the evening. I find the former is better since there are fewer human obstructions to deal with. A polorizing filter is a must for outdoor photography.

Good luck and happy shooting!