C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

W203 Coding mods with photos. New features.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 04:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
Originally Posted by benzmodz
Actually, despite the famous TV show name, 90210 is "Baja Beverly Hills", while 90211 is the money zip.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by Moviela
Actually, despite the famous TV show name, 90210 is "Baja Beverly Hills", while 90211 is the money zip.
I walked from UCLA to Downtown and I still remember my favourite places.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
Originally Posted by FrankW
foglights come on when turning is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Only old people cars have'em. Infinitis had them and gone away from them.

Actually many other cars have them also such as the caddies and Nissan. They only come on at night. The fog lamp reflector is different than the regular 203's. It helps when turning into a dark street.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
I walked from UCLA to Downtown and I still remember my favourite places.
That's one of the most insane things I've ever heard!...Wow! Now, that's an accomplishment

Man, I've walked from Santa Monica Blvd. to Mulholland before (once and only once) when I was on a workout binge, but UCLA to downtown?...Much props for that.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by drexappeal
That's one of the most insane things I've ever heard!...Wow! Now, that's an accomplishment

Man, I've walked from Santa Monica Blvd. to Mulholland before (once and only once) when I was on a workout binge, but UCLA to downtown?...Much props for that.

I wonder how long that took! Some of the places from UCLA to DTLA are shaaaaady...
Old 09-09-2005, 07:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C320 Coupe MT
Look at what I found in the cluster of an 05 203 using a standard DAS.

The thing is, it doesn't have any effect on the behavior of the seek function. In other words, this is a setting avilable in the cluster, but even if you set it on "memory" it still only seeks. So, the audio system still needs to have a flash, and it's probably not available yet.

However, I take this as a good sign!! It tells me that they must have it in the works, otherwise why would this feature be available in the cluster?
Attached Thumbnails W203 Coding mods with photos. New features.-img_0087.jpg  
Old 09-09-2005, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Originally Posted by mbbodytech

The thing is, it doesn't have any effect on the behavior of the seek function. In other words, this is a setting avilable in the cluster, but even if you set it on "memory" it still only seeks. So, the audio system still needs to have a flash, and it's probably not available yet.

However, I take this as a good sign!! It tells me that they must have it in the works, otherwise why would this feature be available in the cluster?
I have that on my '03 c coupe. It just lets you scan channels by pressing the up/down buttons on the steering wheel, either by preset stations or scanning incrementally on the FM/AM band. So, if you have it set on frequency, then it will scan the whole FM/AM band for stations. Whereas, if you had it on memory, then it will scan thru your preset stations that you programmed in the memory. At least, that's what I think it is. The setting has always been there ever since I bought the car, so I think all W203 should have it.

Last edited by pshek; 09-09-2005 at 11:53 PM.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified

In 2001 I drove from Berkeley to Harvard and back to UCLA. MIT was one of the highlights of the trip.

All I can say is that once you leave the city limits the USA is every bit as exciting as any wilderness in the world. There is every kind of geography and biology on display and the best part is that you dont even have to leave your car to enjoy it.

I could go on for hours but if you ever find yourself in a bad mood or need something to refresh your outlook on life then a highway is probably one of the better and more cost effective ways to gather your thoughts. For me it was just to break out of my routine.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified

The menu was hidden because it does nothing.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
Originally Posted by nlpamg
I wonder how long that took! Some of the places from UCLA to DTLA are shaaaaady...
I have ridden a bicycle that far, but never on foot. Quite a walk about there mate, bet you needed a tub full of pi$$ after that!

You can avoid the shaaaaady areas, just walk down Santa Monica to West Hollywood, catch a fairy, and he will take downtown.

The frequency v. Seek command in the TPDD (tiny pretentious digital display) is interesting. I found it did nothing also. I think maybe the radio needs some software to "listen" to the command from the CANBUS to change modes. I can't wrestle a schematic out of HK for the radio, so I am not clear on everything going on there yet. It would be nice to mod the radio to accept bluetooth phones and skip the interfaces and antenna switches to use any phone.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by Moviela
I have ridden a bicycle that far, but never on foot. Quite a walk about there mate, bet you needed a tub full of pi$$ after that!

You can avoid the shaaaaady areas, just walk down Santa Monica to West Hollywood, catch a fairy, and he will take downtown.

The frequency v. Seek command in the TPDD (tiny pretentious digital display) is interesting. I found it did nothing also. I think maybe the radio needs some software to "listen" to the command from the CANBUS to change modes. I can't wrestle a schematic out of HK for the radio, so I am not clear on everything going on there yet. It would be nice to mod the radio to accept bluetooth phones and skip the interfaces and antenna switches to use any phone.
THe head unit (COMAND) is just a graphic display running Windows CE. The bluetooth comes out of the phone module.

The bluetooth upgrade is coming any time soon. There is no need to despair.

Walking any reasonable distance takes hours .... I have done 12 hour walks all over Sydney. I trust that the danger wasnt obvious since back then (1991) there were still buildings for sale on Wilshire Blvd. Even one memorable for sale item being a haunted building boasting some of the most famous hollywood names as guests. I sat in the lobby for a good 20 min and soaked in the old world charm. I think last time around it was an apartment building.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Walking any reasonable distance takes hours .... I have done 12 hour walks all over Sydney. I trust that the danger wasnt obvious since back then (1991) there were still buildings for sale on Wilshire Blvd. Even one memorable for sale item being a haunted building boasting some of the most famous hollywood names as guests. I sat in the lobby for a good 20 min and soaked in the old world charm. I think last time around it was an apartment building.
That's awesome. Much respect for that...but wasn't 1991 the LA Riots? or was it in 1992? Can't remember exactly, but just remember I was a Freshman in HS at that time.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:55 PM

04 C320 Coupe MT
The menu was hidden because it does nothing.
Isn't that what I just said?

The point is that there must be some movement towards incorporating this feature in MOST cars, which have never had this feature.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally Posted by FrankW
foglights come on when turning is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Only old people cars have'em. Infinitis had them and gone away from them.
Dude, you have a Benz. It IS an old person's car.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
That's awesome. Much respect for that...but wasn't 1991 the LA Riots? or was it in 1992? Can't remember exactly, but just remember I was a Freshman in HS at that time.
It was 91' the year I met girls called Sun and Rainbow. The month after I left town the places I visited were on fire.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

It was 91' the year I met girls called Sun and Rainbow. The month after I left town the places I visited were on fire.
Crazy...I guess timing is everything.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:06 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Isn't that what I just said?

The point is that there must be some movement towards incorporating this feature in MOST cars, which have never had this feature.
don't hold your hopes up high on this...MOST was introduced in the W211 in 2002...that specific audio feature does not work anymore eversince the MOST introduction in 2002 and that menu has been switched off in every single IC (of a MOST based car) ever since 2002 as well...that is 3+ years and still no solution.

greetingz,
Old 09-12-2005, 08:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'08 CLK320CDI AMG// '13 E500 Coupe AMG// '17 E350d AMG
Ok, so much information about the folding mirrors and the radio seek function but what about the "Tank volume with range indication" anyone else turned this feature ON?
Its that a feature that any dealer can do, beside his expertise, if we give him the procedure steps?
thanks
Old 09-12-2005, 04:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by gaiex
Ok, so much information about the folding mirrors and the radio seek function but what about the "Tank volume with range indication" anyone else turned this feature ON?
Its that a feature that any dealer can do, beside his expertise, if we give him the procedure steps?
nope...it comes up in stardiagnose menus that the normal dealership do not have

greetingz,
Old 09-12-2005, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'08 CLK320CDI AMG// '13 E500 Coupe AMG// '17 E350d AMG
Originally Posted by MBenzNL
nope...it comes up in stardiagnose menus that the normal dealership do not have

greetingz,
Old 09-12-2005, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by gaiex
Enjoy your drive to the Netherlands.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
since we're on the topic i have a question

First of all ... i'm in saudi arabia. I believe we have german (DTM?) spec cars here.

I have a 163 hp 2005 C200 (m271) ...etc

parktronic, sunroof, semi power seats , sports package, steering lights , euro impact stripe/strip whatever you guys call it , my sound system is called audio 20 (if that matters any), speed limiter, NO folding mirrors, 'tank volume with range ...etc'

basically all this stuff is pretty much standard issue on cars we get here. The only thing i got extra in my car is parktronic, the fact that i have the sports package (evolution package) and still have a sunroof and that's it.

most the other stuff i guess is considered standard.

anyway ... all this is just FYI...

My question is this. On my dad's car S320, when you go above 120 kph you get a nice light in your dash that says 'overspeed' (or something of that nature) and you get a 3 beep warning (or something of that nature). When this happens it disables some of his menus/steering controls ...but that's it.

on my car, if you go above 120kph... an audible buzzer goes off... and it stays audible till you drop below 120 once again. On high speed drives (which is about to become my normal commute since the place where i'm about to get a job (i hope) is 30 miles away, this gets really annoying.

is there a way to turn this buzzer off ?

thx
-nuke
Old 09-14-2005, 07:55 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by nuclearhappines
is there a way to turn this buzzer off ?
YES - it is the GULFSTATE WARNING...it can be switched off separately (at least in the modified stardiagnose)...try to get your dealer to set the instrument cluster to REST OF WORLD

greetingz,
Old 09-20-2005, 11:11 AM

'06 C350 4MATIC
Alarm

I am presently in the process of finding a decent car alarm. I did not know that this was an "overlooked" option.

Shoot, if I could get a MB alarm that integrated better into the car that would be the way to go.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by Tishers
I am presently in the process of finding a decent car alarm. I did not know that this was an "overlooked" option.

Shoot, if I could get a MB alarm that integrated better into the car that would be the way to go.
Just have the alarm fitted and then the additional interior motion sensor added.

Are you quite certain that the alarm function is absent from your car ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: W203 Coding mods with photos. New features.