C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Renntech Pulley Limited Warranttee

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2002 | 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Renntech Pulley Limited Warranttee

I was really curious so I checked on this imfamous warranttee that some forum members claim is the ultimate warranttee that will repair all damage caused by a Renntech pulley kit and no other warranttee comes close (trust but verify). Well I've read it once, twice and three times and I don't see anywhere in their warranttee that states that they will repair your supercharger, alternator or engine if after you put their pulley in, these components fail and MB won't fix it under their warranttee. I've e-mailed them and asked on their forum and they won't answer this direct question but they sent me their warranttee document.

This is a quote from their warranttee -

. Due to the variety of modifications and changes made to Mercedes-Benz cars and/or engines that may affect the performance or durability of related components, RENNtech’s obligation under this warranty extends only to the repair or replacement parts manufactured or sold by RENNtech
Now, I'm not an attorney but someone explain to me how this warranttee is any better than what Kleemann, ASP or any other tuner/pulley company provides. My understanding with all these warranttees are if their pulley breaks and you send them the bad pulley they will replace it with a good pulley. Renntech will re-install it free if you paid them to install it in the first place. To me, it's not likely that a solid metal object like a pulley is going to go bad, at least I haven't heard of any so the biggest risk they are taking is the cost of the pulley and probability of a claim is low. Think about it, you have a pulley that warps or blows apart, are you really going to put another one back in? Not me, not the same brand anyway!

If anyone wants the original copy of the Renntech warranttee, e-mail me and I'll forward it on to you.