C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Cabbie Hit N Run What Can I Do??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200K w203
Cabbie Hit N Run What Can I Do??

well actually not my car but my friend's car

ok what happend was.....2 lane road with a bit of curve to it,

my friend was on the inside lane travelling 60 km and the cabbie on the outside(both cars parallel to each other cabbie about half a cars length infront)...obviously cabbie didn't shoulder check and took the corner like F1 using the whole 2 lanes....WTF!!!! out and out was what he intended to do...but he didn't realise WE were on the inside lane...now friends car all ****ed up cause he lost control after the hit and ran into some other ****,

anyways it was a hit n run.....didn't have time to remember his number plate...cause we were too busy spinning around and crashing into other stuff....

now...we called up the cab company...but we were told there was nathing they can do to track him down......are we being BS ? should he take it further ? or just pay the excess and go home have a cry
Old 09-13-2005, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A box on 4 wheels
You should call your insurance company and go investigate the cabs for that company. Because if you call them they might be hiding it so they dont have to pay for the expenses.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My experience in Australia is they are the ruddest drivers in the world so I can empathize with your issue. I was backing out of a hotel driveway when some idiot pulled up and parked behind me while I was backing out. He refused to move his car so I rammed the side of his car, must be common in Australia because I never heard anything from it, the car rental company collision damage waiver covered me. He called me a Yank, how did he know I was from NYC, go Yankees! My cousin drove a cab in NYC and he would bang into people all the time on purpose, good stress relief.

What I do is always keep a camera in the center console, when there's an accident, it's just a quick couple of clicks and I got proof. Hit and run in this area can be a felony with 1 yr mandatory jail sentence.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:24 AM

C200K w203
He refused to move his car so I rammed the side of his car, must be common in Australia because I never heard anything from it, the car rental company collision damage waiver covered me.

ahahhahah...yeah alot of **** heads on the roads thats for sure...

my sister used to have a meat cleaver in her car...ahahha to scare ppl in situation like yours......

i asked her what if cops search your car....she replied...."going friends house cooking" lol ahahha

anyways thanks for the adive....i've told my friend..he will see what his insurance can do