C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

I Need Suspension Advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2005 | 05:57 PM

2002 CL203
If you want maximum ride adjustability, get something like KWs, bilstien or the Tien super streets. THat way you can adjust the dampening and height so as to best fit you driving style and/or comfort level.

Dion.
Old 09-27-2005 | 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Blake P
The only reason I got coilovers and ditched the H&R cup kit was to get the exact drop I wanted. My only other option was more cutting, which I didn't want to do. The ride with the cup kit was nice and comfy, very similar to stock. I had each of my suspension setups on around 10k miles (stock, Eibach, H&R) and Eibach springs with stock shocks were definitely the least comfortable, but I think that was mostly due to the fact that the OEM shocks were not matched with the Eibach spring rates. After less than 10k miles, the suspension was making creaking noises, so I assumed the shocks were going out. I doubt the H&R with OEM shocks would last much longer.

BTW, I still have my H&R kit if you're interested.

Hmm...Great info guys, thanks again.
Blake, do you know if the H&R kit fits a c240? If so, how much will you let them go for?
Old 09-27-2005 | 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by QzMbz
Thanks again for the great info guys.

Justinius, do you know if the C320 set-up will fit an '03 c240?
I'm assuming the sport shocks are a bit stiffer and sit a bit lower than what I currently have. Is it possible if I just bought the shocks only for a cheaper price? I may just buy springs then. Reason being: I agree with the benz being more of a comfort ride than a tight performance ride. With that said, in a nuttshell, i'm not looking for performance, i'm looking for appearance and comfort.
I talked to a guy named Eric from Supreme Power Parts, and he's telling me he would go with Springs with Koni Shocks for $577 before he would go with the Tein CO which he could sell for $800.
Any comments or suggestions to this?
It's greatly appreciated...

I just went to TEIN website and looked, they are showing the same part numbers for their product for use on the C320 and C240.

If i understand your question about buying just shocks or just springs... From what i understand and it has been noted on this thread... Anytime you change you change both!

So you probably would not want sport shocks on luxury springs visa versa.. Plus the sport springs sit lower than the luxury springs. BUT as for ride quality, it does have a bit harsher ride, but will not be nearly as harsh as full aftermarket. Normal road bumps are still as smooth as one would expect in a benz, but nothing close to a caddi, and stiffness is nothing close to a vette either.

Alot is your budget, your requested drop, and handling requirements.

http://www.tein.com/mb.html
Old 09-27-2005 | 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
Hmm...Great info guys, thanks again.
Blake, do you know if the H&R kit fits a c240? If so, how much will you let them go for?
Yes, the kit is listed by H&R as compatible with C240 and C320, but should work with any W203 chassis. I had a Canadian buyer who was going to pay $450 plus shipping, but apparently he flaked. I will do $450 shipped if you are interested.
Old 09-27-2005 | 06:21 PM

Yes, the kit is listed by H&R as compatible with C240 and C320, but should work with any W203 chassis. I had a Canadian buyer who was going to pay $450 plus shipping, but apparently he flaked. I will do $450 shipped if you are interested.

I noticed your in the Fresno area, and you mentioned you had your benz done in Santa Clara. Do you come up to the South Bay Area often? I live in Mountain View, can you do like $350 not shipped? I'm interested.
Old 09-27-2005 | 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
I noticed your in the Fresno area, and you mentioned you had your benz done in Santa Clara. Do you come up to the South Bay Area often? I live in Mountain View, can you do like $350 not shipped? I'm interested.
The kit is at Carlab in Santa Clara. If you pick it up, I'll let it go for $400 but no less. I can probably talk to the owner and swing you a good deal on install at Carlab if you want.
Old 09-27-2005 | 07:06 PM

The kit is at Carlab in Santa Clara. If you pick it up, I'll let it go for $400 but no less. I can probably talk to the owner and swing you a good deal on install at Carlab if you want.

Sent you a PM.
Thanks everyone for all your info and feedback. I know what I'm gonna get now and hoping to get everything done by this weekend.
Old 09-27-2005 | 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
Sent you a PM.
Thanks everyone for all your info and feedback. I know what I'm gonna get now and hoping to get everything done by this weekend.
Replied.