C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Bad Car day!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Angry

Originally Posted by NO_WUR_E
Time to trade in this "C32 AMG" and all your other cars "ML500, E500, S430 4mat" and get your "CLS500 and a G500 soon" as you had mentioned on another thread.
He actually has these cars *******, I know him in person, Got to see his C coupe and his ML in person when installing a new radio for my Discovery. I don't doubt one bit he also has the other mb's.

Old 10-19-2005, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E350 Iridium Silver with pano
Originally Posted by Militant-Grunt
I don't doubt one bit he also has the other mb's.

Hey, if you can vouch for him, more power to him and credibility. However, based on your reply, you only saw 2 of the 4 which doesn't really prove that he owns the cars. Seeing and owning are two different things. In addition, a majority of his 274 post are all in the W203 forums.
Whatever.....enough said.
Advans....hope you get your car fixed.

Last edited by NO_WUR_E; 10-20-2005 at 08:10 AM.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:14 PM

Black 04 C230 Kompressor SS
Originally Posted by advans
hahah why am i trading this in? whats it gota do with the ATF issue?

NYC32, yeah the warrenty shouldnt be void, the filter+everything else is the same. i called mbusa before i did this, but under a unknown user name. MBmanhatt never fix anything
I hope you didn't use my name. how about Prestige in NYC did you try them?
Old 10-19-2005, 08:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 C350 4MATIC
Maintenance Intervals

I know that the maintenance intervals have really been extended by better metullurgy, chemistry, machining and design but it still weirds me out to go so long on fluid changes.

I guess it's like the light bulb in the refrigerator. How do you know for sure it goes out when you close the door?

There were a few years where I was a process controls engineer for an oil company. We went through a vicious cycle of breakdowns caused by poor maintenance intervals. It was tough to catch back up, to fix what was broken and more importantly to get the mechanics back into the routine of preventive activities. In that time we cooked a few 1500 Hp pumps due to oil contamination.

This was blamed on a multitude of problems, vibration, bad alignment between the pump and the motor, the alignment of the stars...

When routine maintenance was being done, oil samples were sent off to the lab, oil was being changed, cooling lines were cleaned out and levels checked regularly the problems dropped dramatically.

I can't "see" the oil in my car. I can't touch it, I can't smell it. There is a high tech "idiot light" that tells me of an A service or a B service. It may cost me a few hundred dollars a year to change my oil twice as much as the manufacturer says it needs but I will do it anyway.

The same thing with the transmission fluid, transfer case (or whatever a 4MATIC has), differential, etc... I don't have to do the "same" things I did to maintain previous automobiles but neither am I going to just look at the idiot light.

Everyone on forums such as this one is an enthusiast about his or her automobile. We love cars, we love to drive. If we didn't we would all own Dodge Neon's or Pontiac's. This forum is like Modders Anonymous, look at poor Sunman, he needs help quick! <grin>

My point is that if we were just owners of automobiles the idiot light would be just fine. I expect that in 20 years a great many of the cars that people who are this forum today own will be sitting in air conditioned garages , being washed with Perrier and dried with a baby diaper.

I love my car and am going to take the extra steps to make sure it's with me for years to come.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Originally Posted by NO_WUR_E
Hey, if you can vouch for him, more power to him and credibility. However, based on your reply, you only saw 2 of the 4 which doesn't really prove that he owns the cars. Seeing and owning are two different things. In addition, a majority of his 74 post are all in the W203 forums.
Whatever.....enough said.
Advans....hope you get your car fixed.
We're actually meeting up for a photo shoot of the ML's, Ill gladly snap a pic of his fleet for you. :v
Old 10-20-2005, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Originally Posted by advans
hahah why am i trading this in? whats it gota do with the ATF issue?

NYC32, yeah the warrenty shouldnt be void, the filter+everything else is the same. i called mbusa before i did this, but under a unknown user name. MBmanhatt never fix anything
oh Cmon. Mbmanhattan never dissapointed me yet, fixed everything up to spec.. My service advisor worked hard to cover everything on my factory warranty.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Originally Posted by Tishers
I love my car and am going to take the extra steps to make sure it's with me for years to come.
I'm sure there's a help group for this sort of thing.... Actually, quite a few on this forum should be approaching 100K miles, if not already there. It will be interesting how our cars do with the different maintenance philosophies. I've been following the recommended and at 90K miles it burns no measurable oil, the tranny works as new, and gas mileage and power have remained the same. I realize driving styles have a great impact on wear but we should be able to come to some conclusions. My bet is after 9 years + (?) of FSS data from many cars MB has already concluded it works.