C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Suggestion when ordering your vehicle...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2001, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
Suggestion when ordering your vehicle...

Everyone, I don't mean to preach, or get up on my "high horse", so to speak, but...

I'm sorry to hear about the problems some people have had with their orders. Over the years, I've had my share of problems too. That's why I suggest the following: Once your salesperson enters the order, I strongly recommend that you go to the dealer and request to view the order in person. They can show it to you on their computer screen, or a printout. This information is available at each salesperson's desk where their computer ties in with the MB system. Then you can verify each and every option, color, etc. to be sure it has been entered correctly. Then, there is no chance for an error or dealer excuse, unless the manufacturer makes a modification (ala "Mad Cow" problem). I've learned to take matters in my own hands, and not leave anything to chance. Just my $.02
Old 12-10-2001, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
i think its a good suggestion. i know that when i ordered my car, i asked to see the printout w/ all the codes (options) written down in english (not 307 or some other number). of course, its done in a friendly manner and i just ask brian, the salesguy, to help me understand the codes. after all, i think there should be a modicum of trust (not an antagonistic relationship). besides, its your money, right?
Old 12-10-2001, 03:03 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
MarkL, I agree with your GOOD advice. While you're at it, I would also advocate getting the negotiated price in writing, too. Cars on order are always subject to price changes, but that should not prevent getting the price agreed-to at order time stipulated in the order.

I've had to order four cars to date, and was able to get the firm price at order time... and all were delivered at that price.
Old 12-10-2001, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
When I ordered my C240, they agreed to the option prices, but the base price was unknown at that time (early 2002 production), and was listed as "TBD" (to be determined). As it was, the base did go up about $500 for the C240 (I don't think the C320 had an increase), but I knew about that prior to the delivery.

Hey, MB-BOB, you changed your avatar?
Old 12-10-2001, 04:08 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
At the time I made each of my previous orders, the dealer agreed to put in writing the "base" prices known on that date, with a caveat that prices were assumed valid "from the Manufacturer" but could not be guaranteed until delivery. The purpose was to lock the dealer out of any subsequent shenanigans... All they could do was pass through any increase from the Manufacturer, if any.

Yes, I changed my Avatar. I like a little variety, and hope to post differect Avatars from time to time to avoid subjecting my friends to the same picture forever. I need a warm day to take some new pictures...

BTW, I really like your Avatar, MarkL. Very classy!
Old 12-10-2001, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
Originally posted by MB-BOB
BTW, I really like your Avatar, MarkL. Very classy!
Thanks. The larger picture looked good with the tree reflections on the hood, but I wasn't sure about the smaller avatar. I was thinking about doing it again with just some blue sky and clouds reflecting off the Capri...