C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

New C230K (2002) Owner with questions :-)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2005 | 11:03 PM

New C230K (2002) Owner with questions :-)

So I just bought a 2002 C230 and she is a hoot to drive. As with all things I buy, I have done a bunch of research (on this site and others) and have come up with a few questions.

1) Green Filter vs. ITG? which is better why, does it matter as long as I get one of the two?

2) Which part # for said filter (which ever is better)..

3) Why only two buttons on the Coupe remote when the third button actually does something??

4) Other than ECU what other "low hanging" fruit are their in the mod/performance arena? (is ECU/Pully kit about it or is there a Cold Air Intake out there, or other upgrades?).

Umm thats about it for now but I'm sure I'll have more..

Josh
PS: Yes I have looked all over this forum for about 3 days before I posted this :-)
Old 10-26-2005 | 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Citron Green C230KMT
you can buy a three button smartkey exterior and swap the insides. it will unlock the trunk, you still need to lift the it though.

btw, welcome to club coupe!
Old 10-27-2005 | 03:56 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
you should've found all the answer if you've looked on the forum. It's mentioned numerous time.
Old 10-27-2005 | 07:32 AM

Ok so first off question 3 was retorical in nature, I knew that I could go get a key case from another thread (the same thread mentioned that if you "find a way" to break the key while its still under warranty you can get it replaced for a 4 button key..)

I have yet to see a final verdict up or down (or even a direct comparison) between Green Filters and ITG filters... All I have seen in that arena is that K&N = dead MAF sensor (like wise I haven't seen a part number for said filter either). As for question 4 maybe the absence of posts talking about anything other than ECU and pullys should tell me something but I figured it didn't hurt to just out and out asking rather than assuming..

I appologize if my first post to this very useful knowledge base offended.

Josh Handel
Old 10-27-2005 | 07:42 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by jhandel
Ok so first off question 3 was retorical in nature, I knew that I could go get a key case from another thread (the same thread mentioned that if you "find a way" to break the key while its still under warranty you can get it replaced for a 4 button key..)

I have yet to see a final verdict up or down (or even a direct comparison) between Green Filters and ITG filters... All I have seen in that arena is that K&N = dead MAF sensor (like wise I haven't seen a part number for said filter either). As for question 4 maybe the absence of posts talking about anything other than ECU and pullys should tell me something but I figured it didn't hurt to just out and out asking rather than assuming..

I appologize if my first post to this very useful knowledge base offended.

Josh Handel
for green filter you can check www.greenfilterusa.com for application. probably none can tell you which filter is better because people either went with one or the other. rarely have someone tried both. I only know few that have tried K&N and then Green. I'm a satisfied Green filter customer btw.

what type of tuning kit are you looking for exactly? You can do a lot of custom work on the engine, but the one readly available are the one you mentioned which is the ECU and pulley kit upgrade. There are people that have done their own cold air intake, turbo kit, etc, but they are all custom made DIY most of the time or by some specialized shop. Other than these there are just the typical exhaust, filter, etc you probably know already.